Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anybody has anything to say about either the 08 or 09 Opus Maadh 2.
I'm on the market right now for something new, but have a budget of $2k max. Came across this bike at my local shop and it felt great to sit on, had quality components all over and was very reasonably priced.
Almost TOO reasonably priced. So I thought I'd change my forum lurking ways and actually post something here to find out if anybody has experience with it.

Whats the word?

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an '09 opus Maah2 and it's a great all mountain bike. 150mm of rear travel and 140mm up front. Fox float suspension, Mavic crossride wheels, Hayes stoker trail brakes, Easton cockpit.
The bike is very responsive and the vpp suspension soaks up big hits well. Being so responsive you have to be very aware on the bike since it is quite sensitive to rider input.
The rear suspension is ''full floater'' which gives it a nice bottomless feel and smoother shock stroke. 69 deg. head tube means it's responsive in technical sections and going up hill yet slack enough to rail corners at speed going down.

Unfortunately the 2010 Maadh frames have now been downgraded component wise to more of a xc bike. The opus Clutch now takes the Maadh lineups place in the all mountain category. Ironically the 2010 Clutch is identical in geometry specs to the 08-09 Maadh models, the only 2 differences being the curved top tube and reshaped seat stay brace.
The Maadh frames can easily be tweaked component wise to fit your riding style/terrain.
I've upgraded a few components on my to make it closer to an enduro/freeride bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.