Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in the new builds thread but am starting a thread at another’s suggestion. I recently built up an OptOut Hooky. Pics below. I’m running a SRAM XD freehub body the Problem Solvers Zinger cog. Took my first ride today and was very pleased. I might look at a shorter stem in the future as I went OTB twice in the first 20 minutes of my ride. Although the user is certainly not without fault in both cases 🤪.
My biggest gripe with the bike is the how the rear triangle dips down about an inch. It resulted in the chain slapping the frame, even with a 32 tooth ring. And yes, before anyone asks, it is properly tensioned. the clearance is so minimal with that rear triangle that I don‘t think I could run a 30 tooth ring.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks sweet. How much chain line adjustment with the zinger? Maybe you can post your experience with the zinger in this thread, so others can learn from your experience.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks sweet. How much chain line adjustment with the zinger? Maybe you can post your experience with the zinger in this thread, so others can learn from your experience.

Here’s a picture of the Zinger spacers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for posting the pic. Looks like you can move about 1 mm more out board if you had to and more than that in board.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Posted this in the new builds thread but am starting a thread at another’s suggestion. I recently built up an OptOut Hooky. Pics below. I’m running a SRAM XD freehub body the Problem Solvers Zinger cog. Took my first ride today and was very pleased. I might look at a shorter stem in the future as I went OTB twice in the first 20 minutes of my ride. Although the user is certainly not without fault in both cases .
My biggest gripe with the bike is the how the rear triangle dips down about an inch. It resulted in the chain slapping the frame, even with a 32 tooth ring. And yes, before anyone asks, it is properly tensioned. the clearance is so minimal with that rear triangle that I don‘t think I could run a 30 tooth ring.
View attachment 1917700
Wouldn’t a 30t ring be 1) easier to fit, and 2) make the problem worse? Maybe you meant 34t.

You could always wrap the drive side chainstay with an old inner tube and try to forget about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wouldn’t a 30t ring be 1) easier to fit, and 2) make the problem worse? Maybe you meant 34t.

You could always wrap the drive side chainstay with an old inner tube and try to forget about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it would make the problem worse. That’s why I said I don’t think I could run a 30t ring 😐. I plan to put a 34t on there to reduce the problem. And yeah, the chain slapping is not a huge deal. It’s just always kind of a bummer when your brand new bike isn’t absolutely perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts