Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bigger dud and ride a Soma Juice. I currently have Kona Project 2 forks on and am looking to making the change over to suspension. I would like to have 20mm hub and forks for the added stiffness, but don't want to get the front end too high. The P2 has 293 ac and 45mm offset.

One option I've considered is the Reba U-turn which has travel adjust from 90-120mm, but I cant find the AC to see if this would work.

Anyone have suggestions for a different fork?

Oh yeah, I also saw a White Brothers Magic 80 with 20mm dropouts for sale on ebay. But their site doesn't list that combination as an option. Was this a special make up or something?

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
chumbacabra said:
I'm a bigger dud and ride a Soma Juice. I currently have Kona Project 2 forks on and am looking to making the change over to suspension. I would like to have 20mm hub and forks for the added stiffness, but don't want to get the front end too high. The P2 has 293 ac and 45mm offset.

One option I've considered is the Reba U-turn which has travel adjust from 90-120mm, but I cant find the AC to see if this would work.

Anyone have suggestions for a different fork?

Oh yeah, I also saw a White Brothers Magic 80 with 20mm dropouts for sale on ebay. But their site doesn't list that combination as an option. Was this a special make up or something?
You don't need to pay the $200 extra for the Reba U-Turn. The normal Reba Team with Maxle can be properly converted to 80mm very easily through internal spacers. An 80mm Reba should have an ac somewhere around 470mm, and so should the stock P2. (293mm is definitely not the stock ac)

Manitou has also made an 80mm fork with 20mm dropouts. Or you could have a 100mm converted down because this one is currently very cheap at JensonUSA

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boomn said:
You don't need to pay the $200 extra for the Reba U-Turn. The normal Reba Team with Maxle can be properly converted to 80mm very easily through internal spacers. An 80mm Reba should have an ac somewhere around 470mm, and so should the stock P2. (293mm is definitely not the stock ac)

Manitou has also made an 80mm fork with 20mm dropouts. Or you could have a 100mm converted down because this one is currently very cheap at JensonUSA
Your right. The AC is 460mm, sorry.

So if I get the 120mm Reba I could use spaced to reduced it all the way down to 90mm? I love my Revelation I have on my other bike. I'll look into this.

or
I could get the Manitou. Thanks. That looks like a great option. Where would lone get the internal spacer for the manitou.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
chumbacabra said:
Your right. The AC is 460mm, sorry.

So if I get the 120mm Reba I could use spaced to reduced it all the way down to 90mm? I love my Revelation I have on my other bike. I'll look into this.

or
I could get the Manitou. Thanks. That looks like a great option. Where would lone get the internal spacer for the manitou.
Check the current Manitou thread on this forum. I think there was some recent info.

The Reba can be reduced to 80mm (not just 90mm) which would be closer to your current fork height. I think Raleigh is actually shipping a bike next year that actually uses the same setup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.