Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i own a fuji thrill and i noticed today that there is a lot of movement in the head tube. i tried tightening everything and its still there. i know this has been discussed often but i do need help because i dont know much about headsets/forks. I am going to get a new fork for my bike in the price range of 100-250 dollars for a 190 lbs rider and im wondering what would be good 80mm....my fork is 75mm as of now. should i leave the problem i am having now and buy a new whole new headset fork and have my LBS install it for me? Thanks alot for the help.

·
Registered
11,762 Posts
Headset loose?

machinehead131 said:
Hello i own a fuji thrill and i noticed today that there is a lot of movement in the head tube. i tried tightening everything and its still there. i know this has been discussed often but i do need help because i dont know much about headsets/forks. I am going to get a new fork for my bike in the price range of 100-250 dollars for a 190 lbs rider and im wondering what would be good 80mm....my fork is 75mm as of now. should i leave the problem i am having now and buy a new whole new headset fork and have my LBS install it for me? Thanks alot for the help.
loosen the bolts that hold the stem opn the steer tube. Then tighten the bolt located in the top cap. As you tighten hold the front brake lever and rock the bike back and forth. As you tighent this bolt the movement should go away.

If your confused by my directions or if you tighten the bolt in the top cap and the movement doesnt completely go away go tothe LBS and have um take a look at it. Cambria has some good deals on maitous if there still on sale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.