Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a custom steel frame and checked out Vulture's site. They offer custom fitting and nice looking paint jobs for a good price. Anyone own one or deal with them?
Thanks

·
www.badgercycles.com
309 Posts
Wade is a good builder with a very high quality product. Call him up and talk about what you are wanting. You will have a much better feel about his product after talking to Wade himself.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
robpennell said:
Wade is a good builder with a very high quality product. Call him up and talk about what you are wanting. You will have a much better feel about his product after talking to Wade himself.
I had a custom Vulture built for me 2 years ago.
Wade delivered exactly what I asked for.
Very happy with it.
Plus, Wade is a really cool guy.

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
Vultures Rock

Wade is a good friend and he lives to ride and build frames...
I'm getting him to build a cross bike for me next, I luv my 29er SS Vulture !!!
Jefe'
BendOregonSingleSpeeders

Attachments

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
PinsNeedles said:
Jefe'
BendOregonSingleSpeeders
Did you have your Vulture repainted? I seem to remember it having a fancy paintjob, but maybe I am just thinking about another bike. I like the blue.

LP

·
Registered
687 Posts
Original Derrick paint

lanpope said:
Did you have your Vulture repainted? I seem to remember it having a fancy paintjob, but maybe I am just thinking about another bike. I like the blue.

LP
It's a House of Kolor metallic blue with a sparkle (siver,pink,blue) clearcoat which looks sweet in person.
The thing about my frame is the burly ovalized butted tandom down tube which Wade flattened to join the BB shell.
BTW the pics were taken in Bend on the North Fork trail over Tumalo Falls, a favorite grueling climb of ours.
Jefe'

·
dirty hippy mountainbiker
1,146 Posts
Good bikes

I like my vulture. I got spiffy custom paint. The bike is perfect. The paint design and execution is perfect. I have to say that the durabiblity of the house-of-kolor isn't so hot. I've got lots of chips and scratches. But I treat my bike like a mountain bike. Think about powder coat...

-M

Attachments

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
wolfy said:
I like my vulture. I got spiffy custom paint. The bike is perfect. The paint design and execution is perfect. I have to say that the durabiblity of the house-of-kolor isn't so hot. I've got lots of chips and scratches. But I treat my bike like a mountain bike. Think about powder coat...

-M
Ah ha - now that is the bike I was thinking about w/ the fancy paint.

Those Vultures sure do look like nice rides...

LP

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
I love my Vulture, and like it more and more with every ride. Wade and Derrick were a pleasure to do business with. Wade delivered exactly what I wanted when I needed it. Give him a call, I think you'll be pleased.

Steve

Attachments

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
I obtained my second-hand yet never ridden double toptube Vulture from Mattman on these boards.

Couldn't be happier! Set up as a "ninety-sixer", she rides and handles with aplomb.

No complaints from me!

·
Registered
18,579 Posts
PinsNeedles said:
Jefe'
BendOregonSingleSpeeders
Hey, you figured out how to post pics!

Donde esta los pictures, North Fork/South Fork?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Give me a year and I can figue anything out...

Hey Nat,
I took those shots climbing N. Fork in the Fall.
I was in good company, SS4life on my Surly and my Bro Eric on his pink Soulcraft and his buddy Greg on a sweet Broadie.
Hope all is well, let's ride soon B.O.S.S. style.
Jefe'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.