Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
appleSSeed said:
how much? I personally don't like the look of them. You have to ask, why are they REALLY selling a custom frame?
He is asking $1900:

*Ti Custom Single Speed
*Ti Fork
*EBB (eccentric Bottom Bracket)
*Chris King SS Disc Wheels
*Chris King HS
*Brooks saddle
*Thomson Post
*XTR cranks and BB, custom 34tooth ring
*3 surly cogs - 20, 21, 22 tooth, I beleive
*new tires
*On-One Mary Bar (changed since photo)
*Avid disc brakes
*Wipperman Connex Chain

Frame/fork, all parts are all in "as-new" condition, basically just test ridden a few times.

I dare not compute the actual retail value (frame/fork = 1800, wheelset = 800, saddle = 200, etc.etc), but the bottom line is I need $1900 in person, or $1950 shipped for the bike.

Here are 2 recent shots, I can take more:
img.villagephotos.com/p/2...29s001.jpg
img.villagephotos.com/p/2...29s003.jpg

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
That is a friggin smoking deal. Go for it. Do a search in the SS and 29er forum. The folks who have Spicer cruisers all seem to like them a lot.

Cold in Kansas said:
He is asking $1900:

*Ti Custom Single Speed
*Ti Fork
*Chris King HS
*Brooks saddle
*Thomson Post
*new tires
*Avid disc brakes
*Wipperman Connex Chain

Frame/fork, all parts are all in "as-new" condition, basically just test ridden a few times.

I dare not compute the actual retail value (frame/fork = 1800, wheelset = 800, saddle = 200, etc.etc), but the bottom line is I need $1900 in person, or $1950 shipped for the bike.

·
DiscoCowboy
342 Posts
sounds like a good deal...

I know a couple people (including myself) that own bikes from Spicer, steel and Ti. He builds the steel himself and outsources the Ti to Xian Changda who then builds to his specs, which are better than the normal specs. Gene is a good builder and really easy to work with and stands beind anything with his name on it.

Any reason why is the bike being sold?

Cold in Kansas said:
He is asking $1900:

*Ti Custom Single Speed
*Ti Fork
*Chris King HS
*Brooks saddle
*Thomson Post
*new tires
*Avid disc brakes
*Wipperman Connex Chain

·
Who turned out the lights
1,127 Posts
As stated above, Spicer seems to be a good company that is pretty on the level and supports his products, so I think you're safe there.

Make sure the frame fits you, obviously, but I don't think you could beat that deal trying to put it together yourself. Even if you have to sell the frame later, I think the parts build is worth $1500 +, so I think you're pretty safe on the deal.

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Cold in Kansas-
The bike is mine. It is on loan to a friend. I asked him to sell it for me as a favor. It is as god as it sounds. I own an LBS, and the bike's been well taken care of. I don't want to try and sell it to you here, I haven't bought a classified ad yet. Email me for more information. Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good experience with Spicer Cruiser

I have had my Spicer cruiser for almost a year now and love it. The ride is very smooth for a hardtail. Maybe its those long curved seat stays that absorb some of the shock, combined with the ride characteristics of Ti. Bike is versatile as well. When not on the trail, I use it for road training with Schwalbe Big Apples, which look great on the cruiser. Also makes a great pub cruiser bike. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kansasflatlander said:
Fun in Fruita
Thank you for the advice!

I bike fit perfect... so I brought it home!

The gods must have approved, the weatherman is forecasting 60 degrees today. Who would of thought--60 degrees on December 22nd in Kansas City....

Since you are from Kansas, do you know any great single speed trails in the Kansas City or surrounding area?

·
www.badgercycles.com
309 Posts
Cold in Kansas said:
Since you are from Kansas, do you know any great single speed trails in the Kansas City or surrounding area?
All trails are great singlespeed trails! :D Check out www.earthriders.com for a list of trails in the area. Also check out the message board for a local forum. Lots of group rides and stuff like that. Feel free to call or email me and we can hook up for a ride.

Rob Pennell
[email protected]
816-721-3596

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Glad you bought that bike.

The seller is an awesome guy to do business with and ALWAYS comes up with the most irrestable, wallet-draining fantastic deals!

Not only that, now he's without a bike to ride when I am up his way at the end of next week...

:(

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.