Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently loving riding my Ti SS 29er but at times my body disagrees with my enthusiasm. Since then I have been doing some reading about the YBB softail style frame. Kind of like the best of both worlds if it would work on a SS, IMO (cake and eat it too sort of thing).

I would really appreciate it if I could get some opinions about using the YBB for a SS set up. One person told me that Moots never approved of it until recently because of the changing chain line. I’ve never had any issues running a loose chain on my current SS but have no experience with the YBB/SS set up.

Cheers,

Mojo

·
Registered
288 Posts
mine is working great
http://forums.mtbr.com/moots/why-not-ybb-over-hardtail-717383.html
went from a voodoo Ti frame, to a YBB, and it just take the "oh $hit" factor out of the picture. it is NOT suspension, but just a bit more traction, and room for error. helps my lower back a lot too (broken TP L2,3,4,5, herniation surgery L4/5) I ride my as a SS most of the time, but have a 1*9 set up for it for longer stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.