Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions on Control Tech in general, there are not many reviews listed on the site. Specifically I'm looking at a 31.8 Scandium 2" riser bar, not exactly a WW item, but I can't find info on it anywhere, and have no experience with Control Tech products. They don't list the weight or the product on their website.

Anyone have any pros/cons with Control Tech stuff they've tried?

Figured this forum has the most diverse base to get some info from!

Thanks

-T

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have been using control tech race skewers ti and the team issue 3sc scandium seat post for about 6 weeks now with no problems just the weight they stated was different to the actual weight of my products.47g for the race skewers mine 49.3g and the 3sc post they said 185g mine 213.9g otherwise they work fine.You might be looking at the SUP-DH-18sc bar bore 31.8 rise 45mm in my control tech brochure it says it weights 268g?

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
So far so good....

Ti Bot-On swkeres were right about claimed weight and stiff.
The Carbon Comp Post came in a 149g (claimed 140g) and best carbon post yet!

Pilot Check point working out fine.

Carbon Bottle Cgaes are about dead on in weight and hold bottles really well.

Sold a few BBs, Bar Ends and Road bars with good follow-up so far.

Now the Comp-QRs (Carbon levers/Ti Rods) that I was using on the road bike are so so. long term they seem to flex just a tiny bit and now are notciable when using Zero-Gravity Road brakes. Get get a small amount of rubbing when taking off hard from a stand still. The ZG are not self-centuring so that hurts. No real noticable flex though when using 105 or Ultegra Brakes.

Hopefully I might try out some stem so I can post a review.

Overall good product with good price and quality as most of the other Taiwanese stuff out there.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SUP-DH 18SC is the one for sure

thanks for the feedback. Anyone know the retail on that bar? A little concerned by the difference in listed vs actual weight on that seatpost, so I wonder how close the bar will be. Not that it's a WW item, but I'm coming off a 135g bar, so I'd hate it to be 350g or something....

-T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.