Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 888 RV is what comes stock on the Airborne Taka. It's 200mm travel, double crown. It has rebound adjustability, but I think that is it as far as tunability goes. Anyone have any experience with these forks? How do they feel?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fine for a beginner to intermediate and very reliable, but when you are are ready...step up to the 888 evo RC 3 cartridge. You will absolutely love it! More adjustments and you cant beat the feeling of the RC3 cartridge. Super plush and still plenty of bottom out when needed.

·
bike rider
5,501 Posts
Get it. The 888 chassis is sweet and the least maintenance of any fork. When you want something plusher you can just buy a new damper cartridge*. An RC3 Evo cart will make your fork just a slightly heavier version of Marz's top-o-the-line fork and an Avalanche cartridge will make it even better.

*You'll be fine with the stock one for years. It can be tuned with different oil weights and heights.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Imagine how much better a rv rental will make your bike perform, what a tard. The 888 should be good for you if you are just starting out its a good solid chassis.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thats what I've heard so far. I just can't wait to take it up to mt.snow whenever it opens this year. Last year I think it opened after memorial day weekend in early May or something(correct me if I'm wrong), so I would think it'd be the same this year. Anyone have any insight on this? I know it also depends on when the snow melts, but that shouldn't be too far off for this season. Anyway I think this fork should feel pretty good once its broken in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You should create at least 5 more threads about your new walmart+1 bike, the dozen you've already made aren't nearly enough. Have you actually ridden a bike before?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Name_dropper: I am going to be very blunt here, if you have such problem with what people post here, then maybe you should not be here. Every single post I have read from you are negative and hostile. I don't understand why you post here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts