Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I have been able to narrow my new build options down to 2.

A Voodoo Dambala, or On-One Inbred/scandal. These 2 options seem to suit my wonky body shape the best. I know the Scandal will be the lightest, but the Voodoo has a v-brake option that is right up there with building a lighter bike that i can do a bit of XC racing on, and no I'm not that fast so discs are not really an absolute must, will most like run a front one anyway.

Well all feedback would be appreciated. I have ridden the on-one inbred before, having had an 18 from the first ever build batch, only go rid of it because it was too small/shortin the TT (wasnt comfortable running a 120mm stem odd road).

Cheers

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got myself a Scandal 29 just before xmas (my first 29er) and so far am absolutely loving it!
Mine is the slot dropout version, so can be run geared or single speed with ease. The only thing I have found is that the rear wheel is a bit harder to get in with gears on and you really need to use a chain tugg on the drive side to stop it moving in the dropout. If you dont plan to run single speed ever then try to get a vertical dropout version.
I got mine with the intension of using it as my xc race bike and general trail steed and so far its just what I was looking for.

·
4.0" fully suspended
402 Posts
I've ridden both- my buddy had a dambala that I rode. Dambala is a nice bike, my only complaint is with my 46cm size shoes my toes would occasionally get grazed by the front 2.3 tire during turns. Can't remember if he was running an older pre-flud white bros. fork or a maverick sc32 at the time.
I've been riding a slotted scandal for about a month and pretty happy with it. Al is light and not as harsh as expected. Granted I am running tubeless 2.4s and a carbon fork to take the edge off. Some other folks in town ride the steel inbreds and their happy with them but they lift mine up and definitely impressed with lightness.
Each to their own but I would not go without disc brakes.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have a damabala - I think they're great bikes. Nice and versatile, pretty light. They're steel and they don't cost you an arm and a leg.

The geo is quite different between the dambala and the inbred/scandal. I also considered the inbred when I got my dambala. It was a bit of a toss up, but I'm pretty happy I got the dambala. It's a nice bike!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.