Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get an opinion from you santa cruz experts. Would it be a good deal to buy a used 2009 santa cruz heckler for $900 bucks? From every other price I have seen it would be yes, but just wanted to get all of your opinions. I am buying one and just wanted to get peoples thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Is that frameset only or complete bike?What suspesion/components? I f complete i say yes,great deal unless cracked or other major issues.Look,you get what you pay for when buying new,thats why these bikes are so expensive,that being said,they are virtually in destructable and there is no problem buying used.If its complete,jump on it!!!

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
If itz to good to be true, then.....well let'z just say "good dealz can come with bad results".

I hope it is a good deal for you. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a large complete bike no cracks or dents only cable rub and few scratches from normal use with a mix of components some of which are

-Fox RP23 rear shock

-Fox Fork -- Vanilla

-Sram X-7 drive train

-Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes

-Race Face Evolve XC crankset and new Bottom Bracket

-Race Face Deus stem and handle bars

-Crank Bros. Acid pedals

-Thompson seatpost

·
Registered
70 Posts
Seems like a pretty good deal. I bought a 2011 D-AM heckler lightly used Demo(Used mostly on paved bike paths) for $1,150. I'm shopping for an RP23 (Have the float now) for it and threw on a set of Mavic Crossmax SL that I already owned.

I love the bike! Climbs surprisingly well and rips DH. I have always owned XC bikes and still do, but the Heckler has opened some new doors for major fun factor.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your replies. Im definitely buying it just wanted to get some thoughts. I have an iron horse maverick 4.5 now and its a nice bike but I just wanted something better for climbing as my iron horse is close to 40 pounds. Nothing but good reviews I have read on this so when I saw 900 for a 2009 I wanted it. Thanks again

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hell yeah I will post some pics. Im excited to get it. Im getting it shipped by a friend since I am out of the city. Will be getting it next week.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Hell yeah I will post some pics. Im excited to get it. Im getting it shipped by a friend since I am out of the city. Will be getting it next week.
i went through waiting for the Fedex guy earlier this week for my new BLTc. It is excruciating, especially when the shipping status is "On Fedex truck for delivery". brutal! but when it gets there, merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
How did the deal go down?Paypal and hes shipping I guess? Did you send the money as a "gift" to avoid fees?Thats a no-no for a purchase like that! Or cashiers check,personal check?Please tell us you didnt send cash!Lol...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No. I definitely am not stupid. I sent the money to a friend who lives there. she got the bike and took it to a bike shop to get it packaged up. Now I'm just waiting for her to ship it. She was supposed to ship it yesterday, but I have not heard if she did or not. as you can tell I'm very anxiously awaiting its arrival and I will surely post pics as I put it back together.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
How well do you know this "friend"? Are you sure she didnt go pick up the latest Fendi purse???? Just messin! I know how it is to wait on something like this! Hopefully for you its not too long!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got the tracking number. Will be delivered on Friday!!!!!! :) im very excited and will post pics up.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts