Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what your opinion of my bike. and if you had it what would you do to it to improve it. its a 2011 Cannondale trail 6. pretty much all stock but Wellgo Clipless/Pedels.

Attachments

·
too cold to ride
1,130 Posts
Sexy.

To improve, I would take it out to the trails and ride it so hard that you couldn't tell the frame was initially white.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I would upgrade the fork as soon as possible. I have a crappy pogo stick fork on my bike now and it is pretty much just like riding a rigid. I don't know, I only weigh 140lbs so that might be why it sucks so bad. other than that lose the reflectors and ride it into the ground!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Those are skinnnny seat stays!

Nice ride, its rolling on good rubber...however, get rid of the reflectors and warning stickers.

Don't upgrade it with anything big...it'd be money better spent on a new ride.

·
74 & 29 pilot
2,271 Posts
Looks nice :thumbsup:

You might want to get rid of those reflective plastic things hanging off your bike and in your spokes, unless your planning on riding on the road at night.

Also you might think about putting a tire with more bite for cornering on the front. Keep the other SB 8 for a replacement for the back after you burn that one up.

http://www.maxxis.com/Bicycle/Mountain.aspx

http://www.kendausa.com/en/home/bicycle/mountain.aspx

HAVE FUN and get it dirty already!

MTBP

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah just took of the reflectors and the forks are stock. one of my first mountain bikes. only problem is that the front wheel is like ridding the disk brake ( im gona take it to the shop tomorrow and try to fix the problem.

·
I Have Cookies
2,644 Posts
Looks good for a beginner bike! get it dirty dammit!

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,437 Posts
1. Pull reflectors off.

2. Ride.

3. Repeat as necessary.

Fix anything that beaks / wears out or pisses you off and adjust everything for proper fit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, I would ride the crap out of it and as money allows I would:

1x9 it with a noir crank, x0 rear derailleur, x0 shifter, shimano cassette (lighter than sram)
and maybe a fork but if you dont ride big stuff it may not be that bad to stay with it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice looking bike. Don't worry what other people would or would not do and get out and enjoy the bike.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
I'd raise the seat or drop the bare depending on your size..Oh, and crash... the first scratch is tough, but the rest come easier ;)
don't let the first one be from loading the bike on the rack or similarly lame

·
SS Pusher Man
7,611 Posts
Mountain Cycle Shawn said:
Owned a Cannondale for about a month and I'll never own one again! But if you like it, that's all that matters.

Says the man riding Mountain Cycle...................:rolleyes:

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
That bike has a lot of parts that you're going to chew pretty quickly if you get a lot of saddle time off-road. Try to hold onto your money, so you can replace what breaks when it comes up. When you've had a season or so on it, you won't need to ask us about upgrading.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its awesome. I love white MTB's. Hook yourself up with some new rubber @ some point, stock tires are usually good for a while, but once your confidence level goes up you will want to upgrade to a tire that supports faster, more technical riding. I switched from stock bontrager tires on my trek to WTB velociraptors ( A commonly debated tire choice) and found the added grip on the rear as well as the maneuverability in the front (as these are front and rear specific tires) supported my new found confidence as well as helped my climbing, braking and turning in loose conditions.

edit** - as far as I am concerned the two best initial upgrades are tires and pedals/shoes. I understand they are not great for some people, but clip-in pedals are great, and as I see you already have those Id say you already have a good start. Now go get muddy

1 - 20 of 53 Posts