Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyones opinions on bearing press tools?

Bicycle Research has a real nice and expsensive unit. Is that a good investment tool that would be able to do all the other bearing on a bike?

Would it be able to Chris King hubs, or would you need their own tool also?

The Park new economy headset press also looks interesting, havnt seen it yet, but was wondering if that was anygood for hubs and bottom brackets?

Everything seems to be going the way of pressed bearings and just wondering what people are using.

·
Map Maker
1,244 Posts
spepic said:
What is everyones opinions on bearing press tools?

Bicycle Research has a real nice and expsensive unit. Is that a good investment tool that would be able to do all the other bearing on a bike?

Would it be able to Chris King hubs, or would you need their own tool also?

The Park new economy headset press also looks interesting, havnt seen it yet, but was wondering if that was anygood for hubs and bottom brackets?

Everything seems to be going the way of pressed bearings and just wondering what people are using.
I just replaced all my bearings in the pivot points of my Enduro FSR and used just some simple wood clamps and a couple of different sockets.
The all went in smooth and easy.

I don't know if I would use that method on a hub though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.