Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What should I spend my hard earned money on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out which bike to buy, I want a strong bike that take rought stuff. and by that I mean go down long flights of stairs and also up and down curbs, and trails. I'm not gonna be attempting and 10' hucks or dirt jumping or anything of the sort. I want the bike I buy to have plenty of tire clearance so I could fit 2.35" or bigger tires. My buget is ~ $400. I've narrowed my choices down to the Trek Bruiser 1 and The GF Opie. But I'm kind of worried because I've read reviews that say the components on both are crap and I don't want my bike to fall apart the week I get it. Which should I buy? Are there other good options? HELP :confused:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i would go with the bruiser but it costs a little bit more wieghs more but it has more travel than the opie and it has disk hubs the components on both well what do you expect for 400 bucks

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
MaximusNukeage said:
I'm trying to figure out which bike to buy, I want a strong bike that take rought stuff. and by that I mean go down long flights of stairs and also up and down curbs, and trails. I'm not gonna be attempting and 10' hucks or dirt jumping or anything of the sort. I want the bike I buy to have plenty of tire clearance so I could fit 2.35" or bigger tires. My buget is ~ $400. I've narrowed my choices down to the Trek Bruiser 1 and The GF Opie. But I'm kind of worried because I've read reviews that say the components on both are crap and I don't want my bike to fall apart the week I get it. Which should I buy? Are there other good options? HELP :confused:
I rode Opie and Mullet. Both are fun frames and components are as fine as any at same price point. FWIW: Staff at the Trek company store likes the Fishers more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.