Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guesses on when the trails will be clear of snow? I want to hit Ophir again this year.

Experts weigh in. I know there are several of you out there. lmao

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I rode Hayflat DH last year...how does Ophir Creek compare to that trail? I really liked the riding in that area :thumbsup:
Not much at all close to the gnar of Hay Flat. Ophir has one section I'd consider hard and its only because its not rideable. Its part of the creek which descends and is about maybe 50 yards. Hay flat is constant gnar top to bottom. Ophir has fast flowy sections and sandy like trt.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone know if it's melted out yet? Was up on Tyrolean yesterday and there were still some good sized patches around.
Last Thursday, it didn't look good. So if you say two days ago there were good size patches, it must be thick! There is a tahoe trails update on FB if you have an acct, local peeps who report on all over the state.

I'm itching to do Ophir again so lets keep this one updated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tyrolean is snow free. Just rode it Saturday. There's still snow in the Meadows above near the TRT. TRT between Marlette Peak and Tunnel is mostly snow free - if going towards Tunnel there's some snow on the uphill portions, but only patches now... downhill to Tunnel is snow free.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.