Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wondered if its ok to ride the lefty at -5°C ? the bike is stored in a garage outside!
is it maybe better 2 store inside in a warm place?

i feel that the lefty is not so smooth !

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-20 / -30 :eekster: wow! and where is that?
at night we have -10 / -14 here in belgium. during the day around freezing point!

i stored my prophet inside nice and warm ,ready for my sunday
ride! :thumbsup:
my wife is not so happy :nono:

·
Registered
179 Posts
guys, yesterday I had a problem with my Lefty while riding in -15C

normally red rebound knob is making little friction when turning and it stops when reaching min and max rebound value.
In -15C there was no friction and it turned all over but rebound force was normally working and increasing/decreasing. Weird...

the fork is Lefty MAX SPV Evolve 140

please help, is it normal? my lefty is just one month old

·
Registered
414 Posts
alfa75 said:
-20 / -30 :eekster: wow! and where is that?
at night we have -10 / -14 here in belgium. during the day around freezing point!
Haha, it's got to be Eastern Canada.. we've been hitting the - 30 mark out here in Atlantic Canada for a while now... but its been really icy around here, so studded tires are a must at this point..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I`m riding my Prophet with Lefty Max Evolve 140 in Russia year round. Last time it was ~ -17°C, I went out as usually, around the city. In 20 min my rear shock Manitou blew off completely. I had to leave the bike at work and go on by foot. In the evening when it became even colder I found the lefty completely frozen. I use Motorex 2,5w and Royal Purple in there. After some time the bike stood at home,everything recovered.I pumped the rear shock again.Now I prefer not to ride below -10°C.
My previuos full susp.bike also had cold problems. Rear Fox Float RP3 shock valve blew off a couple of times from temperature change and I had to repair it at ~$50 each.
My Lefty becomes stiff and start clunking at ~+5°C and lower.
I think many bikes` and components` motherland is around California and it never occurs to their constructors that they can be used at low temperatures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.