Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have an recent information on when the Open Bar is supposed to hit stock? And how much they're supposed to cost? I know the Surly site says "July or August" but I'll be needing to pick up some new bars soon and I'm trying to decide on whether or not to wait on the Open Bar. . .

·
Registered
647 Posts
I picked up the On-One Mary in chromo for the Pugsley. I like the Mary bar on the fat bike but the chromo version is really heavy. The Open Bar seems to be of a similar design.

Edit: Here's a pic. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
"Color: Black. Yes, this did used to say 'silver or black' but for now we are planning on black and will add silver later probably. "

·
Registered
3 Posts
open bars

just got some put on an old Kona I'm using as a comuter today...very similar to mary bars, have both, surly wins. Worth the money.

·
Registered
122 Posts
anybody have specs on these? i've been trying to find the sweep angle, and if somebody doesnt mind measuring, perhaps the distance from hands to the stem clamp.

naturally we'd love to see pictures of setups too!

thanks!

3,617 Posts
very interesting!
I like how the Surly logo is rightside up/upside down
so the logo is always rightside up no matter how you flip it

i think surly was genius to delve into this bar market
i can only imagine how hip this bar will be

·
3,049 Posts
That bar looks awesome, a moto cruiser bar. It'd be even better if it were a few inches wider.

I don't have a bike to put one on, but it gets ya thinkin............ ;)

·
Lighten up.
1,089 Posts
Another thanks for the pics of the bar installed. Was hoping Surly would do the same, but...it's Surly. :p <token smiley face placed here as a means of appeasing the anger of the Surly Elders for any comments that may present themselves as oppositional to the Elders' and their Surly Wisdom.

·
Full Tilt Boogie
1,650 Posts
Joe, just ordered one of these for the new build. I think it will play well with the Rohloff shifter. I love the J Bars, but they just won't do it. Fingers crossed that this is the way to go. I ordered a flat set and the front end of this bike is already going to be up there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How do you think these would do for trail use? SS 29er set up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts