Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been on a vivid 5.1 for a couple of weeks. Lovin it. Goodbye CCDB, goodbye DHX.
lots of lsc unlike CCDB. Firm yet smooth, very climby. Loves to be punched through rocks and drops. Not harsh like the CCDB not spiky and squatty like DHX. Great chassis control.
Superb rebound control. Bike turns faster, pedals faster, strokes deeper than CCDB and DHX. Went from a 400lb spring to a 350 and its the B tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have an A tune on my V-tach and was quite impressed as well...although that didn't stop me from sending it to Push for the full treatment. Should have it back in my hands this afternoon along with some other goodies and I can't wait to try it out.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Loving the Vivid on my DT as well. (Blows the doors off the Roco Air TST R it replaced)

RS has the sleeper shocks in my opinion. A little cheaper and comparable or better in performance to the rest.

I did not realize Push had started offering service on the vivid's. Let us know how it works out. (wish they would add the Totem's to their bag of tricks....my solo air is great, but could use a little love).

·
Registered
919 Posts
Cool JOD,
Been keeping an eye on new shock development.
What's the difference between the A and B tune ?. I don't like platforms/too much LSC.
How much do you weigh ?. How much range of adjustment do you have with the 2 rebound and compression circuits ?.

Thanks for any info.

·
Dr. Pepper drinker
1,638 Posts
string said:
RS has the sleeper shocks in my opinion. A little cheaper and comparable or better in performance to the rest.
Agreed with that, haven't tried their coil stuff yet but I'm very impressed with the Monarch 4.2 that I'm running on the Endo right now, much better than the RP23 or Pushed RP23 I've had on there previously.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LAKESNAKE said:
Cool JOD,
Been keeping an eye on new shock development.
What's the difference between the A and B tune ?. I don't like platforms/too much LSC.
How much do you weigh ?. How much range of adjustment do you have with the 2 rebound and compression circuits ?.

Thanks for any info.
A tune is a softer tune for less aggressive linkage rates. The Endo would probably run really well with it and I may try it out and work the compression a bit more (you can do it yourself). I hear you on the LSC. But I'm having a ton of fun in the tech with this set up as it is. I weigh around 170 loaded up. The BSR full open ( it has a wide useable range) and ESR about half way in (it has a small yet noticeable effect). The compression is full open and has a very large effect. When I had the 400lb spring on it was harsh in the chop. Amazing dif with the 350lb spring. But I did have to open the rebound all the way.
To me one of the most interesting features of the damper is rebound control off of lippy jumps. The whole bike comes off the ground without any bucking. Also over undulating choppy slick rock the bike just seems to squirt over this stuff while I'm seated, a first.
The CCDB was a little bucky while seated with the DHX a bit better here. I ran the propedal on the DHX one click from full closed for better chassis control and anti squat but the Vivid is miles better here. Firm yet very smooth. You can hear the shock working ( shims tapping away, I love it). No hissing sounds like on the CCDB. I feel like I can push the back of the bike through stuff more with less hang up and less over rebound effect especially going down hill. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts