Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Onyx rear hub service

29K views 58 replies 18 participants last post by  happyriding 
Why don’t people put GOOD bearings in their hubs, instead of the trash from Enduro?

There is an easy fix to this problem, and it doesn’t involve no-name or Enduro bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pray tell, what's your fix? So far out of 2 hubs and 3 bearing brands the only bearings that didn't fail were the Enduros
I've killed 6 Enduro 6802s in a summer. 10 or 12 lifetime. No more Enduro hub bearings.

I'm no Clyde at 143lbs, but I put a lot of power into the pedals.

Good lord. 6 bearings in one summer at just 143lbs? Where are you riding?

I've heard that Enduro is just a rebrand for cheap, generic bearings sourced from different factories in China.

The Japanese IJK bearings used in DT 240 hubs are known to last forever. The Taiwanese TPI bearings used in DT 350 also have a good reputation.

Mix of CO and VA.

That hub (DT 240) had 10,000 miles on it when the original free hub bearings went. IJK = good.

The Enduro 6802s lasted about a month per set. Around 500 miles. One would get rough, start to die, then the second would get rough. Then the first would die while out riding. Nothing like having your shifting start getting sloppy, then your bike becoming a fixed gear when a bearing dies mid-ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.