Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok I managed to adjust the derailleur properly...the problem was cable housing too short and also not enough cable uder the bottom braket...only problem is that the cable keeps getting shorter because of the rear shock movement even if I leave enough cable under the bottom bracket..should I tie the cable ties even more?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Glad the shifting is sorted :)

I'd have hoped that the 2 cable ties on the chainstay would hold the housing. If you can't tighten them further without compressing the housing and compromising the shifting...

...then how about using some strong glue around the entry and exit point for where the housing goes thru each cable tie?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Glad the shifting is sorted :)

I'd have hoped that the 2 cable ties on the chainstay would hold the housing. If you can't tighten them further without compressing the housing and compromising the shifting...

...then how about using some strong glue around the entry and exit point for where the housing goes thru each cable tie?
Genius!I can try that!!I think its the only way to stop the cable...anyway Ive been riding today and the cable ties seems to hold the cable for now....thanks for the idea!!!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Tighten a cable tie around the housing as tight as you can behind the cable guide on the derailleur side as a stop that would probably help as the housing is a bit soft and the tie will stay in place.

·
Registered
9,375 Posts
The cable being a mess is almost certainly the entire issue.
Doesn't look like it's anywhere close to seated correctly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You mean the routing is wrong? it's internal routing...it goes inside the frame from the top close to the headset and it comes out under the bottom bracket as you can see in the picture...maybe the solution is to change the cable with a longer one to have more cable to play with🤯🤯poor design you think?

·
psycho cyclo addict
2,988 Posts
Me no havum (nor Di-2!!!) on any of the five bikes in my stable. I still hate internal routing.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Me no havum (nor Di-2!!!) on any of the five bikes in my stable. I still hate internal routing.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

AXS will fix that :p

op: cable routing looks good to me, next time you mess with that cable though I'd replace that plastic ferrule with a 4mm metal one, those plastic ones always fail fairly quickly ime.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got a small cable tie tightly wrapped around twice, around the housing at the exit port, works well. Too tight and it might pinch the housing onto the inner cable.

Your's is looking good, so shifting all sorted?

Can uou guys post pics of your full sus internal routing to compare with mine?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I've got a small cable tie tightly wrapped around twice, around the housing at the exit port, works well. Too tight and it might pinch the housing onto the inner cable.

Your's is looking good, so shifting all sorted?

View attachment 1913211
As suggested I put a cable ties on the exit from the frame and one before the first cable guide on derailleur side...looks ok...wire is not chocked...problem seems solved!!!!!!👍👍👍👍thanks guys!!!see you next time, I have other doubts about rear hub but I will start another topic if I don't find anything in the forum!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts