Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EDR
10,295 Posts
Where do you purchase your parts/bikes?
In somewhat of an order:

-Jensonusa (my favorite, great c/s and easy price matching)
-Pricepoint
-Nashbar (sometimes)
-performancebike.com
-other various places that google finds a good deal like Greenfish, Blue Sky, Backcountry.com, etc.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I have found Universal Cycles, Speedgoat, and Jenson to have the most comprehensive selection combined with good prices and/or price matching. Universal esp can be good for large orders because they have such a large selection that you can get it all from one place to save on shipping, price match everything possible, and then still get 10-15% off the parts you couldn't price match depending on the size of your order.

Pricepoint is great places for deals but they don't have lots of small repair parts, don't carry a large selection of some types of parts, and don't carry some brands at all. Did I say they are great for deals though? They have also shipped every one of my orders out the same day and their shipping charges are reasonable

·
EDR
10,295 Posts
rabidchicken said:
I have recently discovered Blue Sky and like 'em.
Blue Sky is good but beware of their inventory. I, and others, have placed orders on items shown to be in stock only to get an email saying it will ship when it arrives to them. I will still order from them but I always call to confirm stock first. Otherwise they seem like a fine company. Same goes with Beyond Bikes, call first.

Never had a problem of any kind from Jenson though, great company.

For bike frames or complete builds call Larry at Mountain High Cyclery and/or Chad at Red Barn before laying down cash for anything. I almost consider them to be my lbs even though they are hundreds of miles away. These folks are great and highly regarded on this site. I call them for anything expensive. I bought a Lyrik from Larry last year for $150 or $200 less than anything I could find online, no exaggeration. :thumbsup: Go-Ride is another place that MTBR's like but I've never purchased from them.

·
Registered
434 Posts
From a Canadian/International point of view, most definitely Jenson. Their inventory is comprehensive, they offer exceptional deals, really good with price matching, and shipping is a breeze.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think the shops listed above are very good - let me add that price matching can save you alot of money. For instance if you have a team performance accound you get 10% back on every purchase including price matched purchases so you can save money and get free parts - it works out nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts