Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
drunken pirate
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Black Mtn. trail in the Pisgah Ranger District is what I call classic Pisgah. It has it all: tough climbs, killer views, screaming downhills. But what it lacks is access. Only forest users with a fair level of physical fitness can enjoy all that this classic Pisgah trail has to offer. It is for that reason that I do hereby propose we start an Online Petition to Pave Black Mtn.

Starting from the Ranger Station I envision a 4' ribbon of clean asphalt running all the way to Club Gap with handrails and escalators where necessary. All forest users, even those in wheel chairs or comas, will able to experience the joy that is the Black Mtn. Trail.

Who's with me?

·
slakDawg
469 Posts
It works for Kitsuma. Nice newly paved trail up....and down.

But why stop at Club Gap, I'm confused??

·
Thread Killer
470 Posts
rob said:
It works for Kitsuma. Nice newly paved trail up....and down.

But why stop at Club Gap, I'm confused??
I'm with Rob. And while we're at it, let's do the top of Turkeypen Gap. Hell, let's do the whole thing -- those hike-a-bikes halfway to the parking lot just suck the life out of me. :cool:

·
drunken pirate
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking we could put a snack bar at Club Gap and then have a gondola that goes down Avery Creek :cool: . But first we got it get it paved. Anyone know any concrete contractors? It would probably help our cause if we could tell the forest service how much it will cost. Or maybe we should have a bake sale, anyone know a baker?

·
H8 H8 H8
864 Posts
This is the kind of BS that really pisses me off. You guys fight and whine like a bunch of little kids with your trolling and preaching and all that. Meanwhile the FS is squandering resources on BS projects just like the one ya'll are trying to get going here.

This sort of misguided "advocacy" has got to stop.

You morons are not helping.

Everybody with half a brain knows that given the limited resources the FS can devote to the trails, paving FARLOW makes the most sense.

Black Mountain? Idiots.

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Broussard said:
This is the kind of BS that really pisses me off. You guys fight and whine like a bunch of little kids with your trolling and preaching and all that. Meanwhile the FS is squandering resources on BS projects just like the one ya'll are trying to get going here.

This sort of misguided "advocacy" has got to stop.

You morons are not helping.

Everybody with half a brain knows that given the limited resources the FS can devote to the trails, paving FARLOW makes the most sense.

Black Mountain? Idiots.

BrouSSard/voice of reason what an oxy moron

·
Registered
434 Posts
Logging

We could re-relog it. Use the old grades/ present day trails again. It'd be easy enough. Railroad tracks go in. Red flannel shirts come out of the closet. Pisgah Forest Wal-Mart gets to stock more axes in their outdoor department. Forest Service makes money on chainsaw certifications and firewood collecting permits. Rosman gets an economy again. Lines get pulled in a few years. Then we convert the railroad lines to trail. Rails to trails. I heard that sort of thing is taking place in other parts of the country.

Attachments

·
memorable member
3,130 Posts
ridn29s said:
Paved? Naaaa, use yellow bricks and it could be like this :thumbsup:

Who are those dudes?

·
memorable member
3,130 Posts
ridn29s said:
no clue - just ripped the photo off the Beech Mtn. website. :D
They kinda creep me out. I can't put a finger on it.

·
memorable member
3,130 Posts
earl06 said:
It's really no worse than a washed up metal god flogging a Specialized with a bullwhip before every ride. :eekster:

Dude...that shyt never dies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts