Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! been on this site for awhile, but a newbie to the forum. moved to whistler from the states and need to find a Canada-centric website for bike parts. US sites charge way too much for shipping/customs and the LBS is... Whistler for gods sake! I'll let the tourists keep them fat and happy :rolleyes: Anyone know of any parts sites based in Canada?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Try...

www.bikeroom.com

Before the flaming starts, I'll have to say that there has been some issues with Bikeroom, but I've had great success with it. The trick is to look at the site, and before you order anything shoot an email off (his name is David) to ask if the product you're interested is in stock. He's usually pretty prompt in his response, and his deals cannot be touched. He's also in the Vancouver area, so shipping will be quick for ya'.

Welcome to BC, and all the best.

Mike E.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You can get stuff from the US just make sure that they ship by USPS. Anything else charges ridiculous brokerage fees.

I just order a full build kit including front shock from Blue Sky Cycling. The only thing I had to pay when it showed up was the GST. So an extra 7% on the order. But I saved a big piece of cake! I got my entire build kit and shock for the cost of the shock up here

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
whooptydo said:
hello all! been on this site for awhile, but a newbie to the forum. moved to whistler from the states and need to find a Canada-centric website for bike parts. US sites charge way too much for shipping/customs and the LBS is... Whistler for gods sake! I'll let the tourists keep them fat and happy :rolleyes: Anyone know of any parts sites based in Canada?
Have your US mailorder place ship it to mailboxes etc. in Blaine. Go jump across border for pickup. Only a 2.5 hr drive from Whistler (including border lineup)

TJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
006_007 said:
Have your US mailorder place ship it to mailboxes etc. in Blaine. Go jump across border for pickup. Only a 2.5 hr drive from Whistler (including border lineup)

TJ
thanks for the idea and good call. a ski buddy lives in Bellingham, Im going to see if he minds having it shipped there. pick it up on my next city trip. the bike park here is opening on sat. I might have some more parts to order after my 1st day out :rolleyes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
whooptydo said:
I haven't ordered much online, but MEC at www.mec.ca is great & cheap for what they carry in bike stuff and I've ordered once from Ramsay's Online in Nova Scotia at www.ramsays-online.com. I've had success with both.

... and welcome to Canada!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.