Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Speedgoat (great to deal with), Colorado Cyclist, and Cambria Bike are just a few of the bike stores I know of that sell Santa Cruz bikes online. I'm sure some other people can add more shops to the list to get you started on your search.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Delivery Times Reliable?

Lothar Othp said:
I'd definitelly recommend Speedgoat.
Are Speedgoat's delivery times reliable? I mean, it might be out of their hands if Santa Cruz doesn't keep their promise for delivery times, but has anyone had experiences with buying Santa Cruz frames from Speedgoat and how long did it take from order to delivery?

·
Hoopy Frood
255 Posts
Email them first

synkronized23 said:
Are Speedgoat's delivery times reliable? I mean, it might be out of their hands if Santa Cruz doesn't keep their promise for delivery times, but has anyone had experiences with buying Santa Cruz frames from Speedgoat and how long did it take from order to delivery?
I would email or call Speedgoat and check inventory status. As you said, they are at the mercy of Santa Cruz (just like other dealers) but they might have frames in stock if you're flexible regarding color or other options.

I've ordered lots of stuff from them and they've been great. Prompt responses to email and helpful. I've never ordered a frame from them, though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
synkronized23 said:
I received my frame from Speedgoat in just a few days . This is because I purchased my 4X frame from their in-store inventory (as they had the size and color in stock that I wanted). They also prepped the frame for no additional cost (chased, faced the bb, headtube and brake mount), which is their standard policy. Great shop with excellent service, advice, etc. Shipping was free as well. At this time I would try getting a frame that was IN STOCK at an authorized dealer and not place an order. It took almost 5 months to get my Heckler back in 03 and I would imagine the wait on most orders right now would be TOO LONG for me personally. It just depends on whether it is worth the wait or if you hear from a dealer that the wait times are in fact reasonable at this time.

·
Just ride.
230 Posts
synkronized23 said:
I've gotten a couple of frames from Speedgoat. If its in stock it usually only takes a couple of days. Free shipping. No tax. I usually buy a headset as well so they can press it in for me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good. Speedgoat's getting a free ad here eh? haha. Well, I've checked out CBO and they have listed on their site that they have a Large Chameleon Frame in White. However, I want to wait for a reply from Speedgoat to make any moves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.