Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
not really a baboon
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I should support my lbs and most of the time I do. I was just wondering what are some reliable online stores. One that I can compare prices and features without constantly jumping around manufactuer's sites.

·
Nothing here
757 Posts
jensonusa.com

greenfishsports.com

pricepoint.com

Then you can use the following sites for prices to pricematch with and order from the ones above:

blueskycycling.com

beyondbikes.com

·
S*it Happens!
1,017 Posts
I like this place. You just type in the search what you are looking for and it will search up to 30 online stores at the same for the best price. If they have it on sale.

Qbike.Com

·
Registered
317 Posts
I recently bought stuff from blueskycycling.com, nashbar.com, and performancebike.com. All of them had great prices and the stuff came quickly. Performancebike.com was a little slow, but I think that was more because of the weather in my area than anything on their part. The only thing I can really fault them for is not responding to my email inquiry when Amazon showed my purchase through them as completed when I hadn't received the item yet.

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
I have purchased from blueskycycling.com, Price Point, Jenson and Nashbar without any problems and great customer service. I have been using Price Point & Nashbar for nearly a decade with no problems and thousands of dollars spent. I have also used Wheelworld, Cambria and Greenfish Adventure Sports, a time or two each with no problems.

·
364 Posts
I've ordered stuff from Jenson, CBO (Cambria), and Performance for years with no problems.

Web Cyclery (Mean Todd) is good for SS stuff.

I know a bunch of people that swear by Speedgoat.

·
TranceX Rider
948 Posts
Hi! Aside from the posted ones already... May I say, I also purchase online from universalcycles (Mike & his crew). Had good experience w/ 'em. Just sharing.

Happy shopping

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
if you order from blue sky do it over the phone to confirm they have the stuff instock. good shop just bad about updating products theat are out of stock.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The best ones I have found:

PricePoint - great RMA service and their prices are as close to insane as possible. Solid tech supp.

Cambria Bike - Excellent prices and great shipping times. They had some odd parts I needed on one of my builds for wayyyy cheap.

The two worst:

Bike Nashbar - Prices aren't great, their shipping is untrackable via USPS and their customer support sucks. Just bought a trainer from them and some tires. They shipped them separate. Trainer via Fedex, tires via USPS. they didn't have tracking for either when I called.

Beyond Bikes - They did price-match my helmet, however it took them 3 weeks to ship it, so a full month to get the damn thing. They must not have a technolgy, because when I called, the guy had to look through a bunch of paper to find my order.

REI Outlet is cool when you can catch what you are looking for on clearance.

·
Life is Good
1,494 Posts
Speedgoat is an incredible shop that is right down the road from me. I've gone in and talked to the guys numerous times (aside from dealing with them) and they have just as much passion as any of us. You won't have any problems with them.

I also placed an order with greenfishsports the other day and they were reliable and fast! I got my stuff (ground shipping) two days after ordering.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wheelworld had good prices but it took over three weeks to ship, they don't reply to emails, didn't return phone calls and I didn't get what I ordered (missing parts and not exactly as described). I would be hesitant to use them again unless it was a smokin' good deal.

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,395 Posts
Search Engines

Moto Rider said:
I like this place. You just type in the search what you are looking for and it will search up to 30 online stores at the same for the best price. If they have it on sale.

Qbike.Com
I'll second QBike, and I supplement them with:
http://bestwebbuys.com/bikes/index.html

lets you find the good price quick when you need something.

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
Yet to find a cheap site with even okay customer service except jensonUSA. They're awesome, as most people say. I also like airbomb's name your price feature, but they have crappy prices. At least they got pricematch! I wish more sites had name your price; I like bargaining! Oh, and by the way I think rscycle has a chat with a sales thing, other sites might too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
esunbaboon said:
I know I should support my lbs and most of the time I do. .
Eh... why should you support your lbs.
When you're shopping for food/cars/toys/electronics, you're always going for the best deal,
why should bike shops be any different?

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
I try to support them

dmk said:
Eh... why should you support your lbs.
When you're shopping for food/cars/toys/electronics, you're always going for the best deal,
why should bike shops be any different?
Actually, I support my shop as much as possible. I buy as much stuff from them as I can, but my money is limited, and better deals and more parts are online. BTW, one of my lbs is awesome, except they wave virtually no drivetrain parts for regular sale, and few other things. I wan't them to stay, so I buy stuff from them, even a trainer that I didn't even need! (but I use). The other one is just bad. The guy doesn't know anything, and I'm surprised the shop is still around. The other other one has a nice parts supply, but they scare me:eekster: !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.