Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
S*it Happens!
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I order a bike from www.bikesdirect.com on the 29th at 11:34 Pm CST. I sent a email today at 10:34 am asking about some return information as I know I have 30 days to return it.

I never assembled the bike so it is still in the box I only looked at the manuals. Well anyway I just got back a email saying that I could not return it because it has been 32 days from the time of my order.

How is that my emailed recipe is dated the 29th 11:34 PM this came just after i ordered the bike and today is the 26th! So I ask How is it 32 days?
 

·
Freshly Fujified
Joined
·
8,199 Posts
Call them

There has to be some sort of mistake. Mike posts on here a lot and seems to be a reasonable guy. My guess is that someone miscalculated their dates. If your dates are correct, I calculate 29. Keep your email and your receipt as proof in case they ask for it.
 

·
S*it Happens!
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call_me_Clyde said:
There has to be some sort of mistake. Mike posts on here a lot and seems to be a reasonable guy. My guess is that someone miscalculated their dates. If your dates are correct, I calculate 29. Keep your email and your receipt as proof in case they ask for it.
I sent a copy of my receipt with my email. You know if not for the reply I received back I would have never posted this on a open forum. Hell I'm the guy that's wants everyone to get along. You are right he seems like a reasonable guy. I guess we will see.
 

·
S*it Happens!
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I called them. The bike needs to be in hand by thirty days. Ok, My Bad! So I'm going to keep it. It's a underdog and I like that. If the bike turns out to be a great bike... Believe me you all will here about it. If something breaks I will give them a fair shot at taking care of the problem. If they do good by me you will all here about it... If not, you will all here about it.

I'm sure everything will be good.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
Moto Rider said:
Ok. I called them. The bike needs to be in hand by thirty days. Ok, My Bad! So I'm going to keep it. It's a underdog and I like that. If the bike turns out to be a great bike... Believe me you all will here about it. If something breaks I will give them a fair shot at taking care of the problem. If they do good by me you will all here about it... If not, you will all here about it.

I'm sure everything will be good.:thumbsup:
As CMC asked, what bike did you buy?

---------------------
from: http://www.bikesdirect.com/money.htm

If for any reason you are not, return it in original condition - new and packaged as you received within 30 days of the purchase date for a refund or exchange.
All associated shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer on returns without exchange or instances not due to our error. Sales are final after 30 days. Returns, exchanges cannot be made on items past 30 days from purchase date

-------------------------------------
Hummm. I do not like that the bike has to be in their hands with in 30 days. What if you ship it on the 26th day, via 2 day, and for some reason the delivery is delayed because of a storm, hurricane, blizzard, or just got plain lost causing the bike to arrive on the 31st day...then are you out of luck?

Mike can you please elaborate? Because reading the return policy I did not gather the "in-hand" deal. BTW, I am not flammin ya. Just wanna know for personal knowledge and to help clear up some lose ends.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
That seems...sketchy. I have returned a few 30 day guarantee items in my life and as long as you called for the RMA, or whatever they call it code before day 31, I could return it. Their guarantee on the website says nothing about being "in-hand".

If for any reason you are not, return it in original condition - new and packaged as you received within 30 days of the purchase date for a refund or exchange.

Email us at [email protected] or fax request to 904-249-3987 for proper return instructions.
All associated shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer on returns without exchange or instances not due to our error. Sales are final after 30 days. Returns, exchanges cannot be made on items past 30 days from purchase date

Assuming that it takes lets say 5 days to have the item "received", you basically have to make sure you have the item out of your house by day 24 I guess, or longer if they do not accept returns on weekends or if the company you ship with does not deliver on weekends. I wonder how many returns they get to refuse by doing it this way.

I always though the FREE SHIP 48 STATES ON ALL BICYCLES FREE SHIP*

was a bit of BS. They put the * there for a disclaimer but do not put it anywhere on the front page what the disclaimer is. Heck it isn't even under the shipping info...you have to go to the FAQ page or the bike info page to get the disclaimer that it is in fact not free, just included in the price they are charging for the bike.

Well, this pretty much kills any idea of buying a bike from them. I was thinking about picking up the fantom comp ds to ride as my training/fun bike but I guess not.
Anyway good luck with the bike, and I hope you do not have any issues with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
corleone said:
That seems...sketchy. I have returned a few 30 day guarantee items in my life and as long as you called for the RMA, or whatever they call it code before day 31, I could return it. Their guarantee on the website says nothing about being "in-hand".

If for any reason you are not, return it in original condition - new and packaged as you received within 30 days of the purchase date for a refund or exchange.

Email us at [email protected] or fax request to 904-249-3987 for proper return instructions.
All associated shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer on returns without exchange or instances not due to our error. Sales are final after 30 days. Returns, exchanges cannot be made on items past 30 days from purchase date

Assuming that it takes lets say 5 days to have the item "received", you basically have to make sure you have the item out of your house by day 24 I guess, or longer if they do not accept returns on weekends or if the company you ship with does not deliver on weekends. I wonder how many returns they get to refuse by doing it this way.

I always though the FREE SHIP 48 STATES ON ALL BICYCLES FREE SHIP*

was a bit of BS. They put the * there for a disclaimer but do not put it anywhere on the front page what the disclaimer is. Heck it isn't even under the shipping info...you have to go to the FAQ page or the bike info page to get the disclaimer that it is in fact not free, just included in the price they are charging for the bike.

Well, this pretty much kills any idea of buying a bike from them. I was thinking about picking up the fantom comp ds to ride as my training/fun bike but I guess not.
Anyway good luck with the bike, and I hope you do not have any issues with it.
hahahahah

we are thinking similar things....

now about the free shipping thing ...it is free to the US{less hawaii and alaska} see http://www.bikesdirect.com/ship_info.html I cannot blame them there.

I agree the return does seem sketchy and very vague. To me, it seems that is industry standard to accept a return as long as the RMA is obtained with in the 30 days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
Nah its not free, they even admit that they include it in the price they charge for the bike.

: Do you charge shipping?
A: We offer FREE FREIGHT TO THE 48 (continental United States that is). The price you see is the price you pay - shipping costs are included in the price you pay. Alaska and Hawaii must pay additional air freight starting at $150 (non refundable). AK or HI residents, please contact us for details.


Now maybe they are just wording the FAQ wrong or what not, but if I'm charging you $2 for an apple and 1$ for an orange, then offer you the apple and orange for $3, I'm not giving you anything free, im just combining the cost.:thumbsup: Lots of companies do it, they are not the only ones, it is just a personal pet-peeve of mine when I see it.:madman:
 

·
S*it Happens!
Joined
·
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
txjohng said:
As CMC asked, what bike did you buy?
Fantom Elite, It looks like a nice bike. It's just it's a bit odd with a XC frame and a All Mountain, fork. Thats why i started calling it "My Frankenstein". Was thinking about exchanging it for the new Fly Pro, In MatteBlack.

I'm still happy.
 

·
Freshly Fujified
Joined
·
8,199 Posts
Kewl

Please report back after you've had it out on the trails. It will be nice to get more first hand information on the bike. Enjoy!

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
Moto Rider said:
Fantom Elite, It looks like a nice bike. It's just it's a bit odd with a XC frame and a All Mountain, fork. Thats why i started calling it "My Frankenstein". Was thinking about exchanging it for the new Fly Pro, In MatteBlack.

I'm still happy.
new fly pro is nice, but if you can afford 1200 get the 9357 ...the fly pro comes with non disc specific rims, and you disc brakes, you can upgrade for 130 to avid juicy 7, but that puts you at 1030, with non disc specific rims on a bike that has disc brakes, now, for a bit more get the 9357 ...

oh, anyone know anything about FSA cranks?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top