Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
If you had to go with one or the other, which one?

Is there any play in either of them?
Well that's a tough question to answer with no details on what you need like how much drop, seat post insertion depth etc. I have not used the revive but from everything I've heard it is the absolute best in smoothness and reliability but it absolutely comes at a cost. I've had my v2 oneup for a little while now and I'm liking it and it's seemed to get better with wear, for me I wanted a 200+ drop so the revive was out of the question. I won't complain about saving the money either.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will either be a 160 revive or a 180 one up (already done the measurements on what I am wanting).

My post is mainly for how reliable are the two, do either of them have any play, etc.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I honestly don't think you'll find too many posts with no play. Pretty much all the dropper posts I've come across will exhibit some rotational play. Even the mighty Revive has some rotational play.

·
Registered
376 Posts
All dropper posts require key way clearance. With so many different frames, clamps and ride heights it's not possible to ship play-free without running the risk of binding. We have a kit that is meant to remove additional play that might develop over time or, for the more mechanically inclined, to tune the play out for a specific bike.

They should be in stock in a few days.

https://www.oneupcomponents.com/coll...ized-pin-kit-1

Metal Steel Brass Screw Aluminium

Start with the 3 pins marked with 2 lines. If play still exists move to the 3 pins marked with 4 lines.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm presently using a Revive post and unfortunately on my new bike the stack height is a few mm's too tall. So I've just ordered a oneup v2 that will give me the few mm's I need to be comfortable. The Revive works great, so will be interesting to compare with something that costs less than 1/2 the price. The Revive has a bit of play but nothing noticeable on the bike and hasn't changed in over a years use.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Oneup installed today. No issues installing but wish the cable was more secure in the actuator. O ring helps hold it in place but had to be careful it didn’t back out. Otherwise feels quite smooth and easy to actuate using amazon cheapie trigger. Seat mount feels more solid than revive but had no problems with revive. For 31.6 125/120 mm the oneup is about 28 grams lighter. First ride tomorrow in dirt but around neighborhood today felt great.

·
Registered
36 Posts
All dropper posts require key way clearance. With so many different frames, clamps and ride heights it's not possible to ship play-free without running the risk of binding. We have a kit that is meant to remove additional play that might develop over time or, for the more mechanically inclined, to tune the play out for a specific bike.

They should be in stock in a few days.

https://www.oneupcomponents.com/coll...ized-pin-kit-1

View attachment 1269835

Start with the 3 pins marked with 2 lines. If play still exists move to the 3 pins marked with 4 lines.
Zombie thread I know, but if OneUp is still watching, I learned something useful the other day.
Another post eliminates the side to side movement by adding plastic oversize pins that deform to a perfect fit on install. These other post's plastic pins will also drop right into a ONEUP post at the cost of 10mm reduced travel.

Low friction plastics, perfect fit, no free play and possibly prolonged wear life vs metal pins alone.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Zombie thread I know, but if OneUp is still watching, I learned something useful the other day.
Another post eliminates the side to side movement by adding plastic oversize pins that deform to a perfect fit on install. These other post's plastic pins will also drop right into a ONEUP post at the cost of 10mm reduced travel.
View attachment 1930454

Low friction plastics, perfect fit, no free play and possibly prolonged wear life vs metal pins alone.
Where to get these pins ?

·
Registered
429 Posts
View attachment 1930454

Interested as well

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed KS P26003 Lower Guide Bushing into my OneUp V2 and everything is exactly as expected!
  • 10mm travel reduction
  • Zero free play at any post position
  • Smooth operation
I think the post comes up maybe a hair slower but I also think it was too fast to begin with. The sound it makes at the top is now more of a dull thud instead of a pop because of softer materials hitting each other. This may also alleviate the pins wearing into the upper bushing.
Because they need to deform on install I recommend installing one at a time holding it in the groove as you compress the post (kind hard to hold all 3) they will stay put when you raise the post to install the next one.

Note: KS P26003 Lower Guide Bushing will ship as ONE. You can use one, with a brass reducer in the other two groves or you can order three to put one in each groove.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.