Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

OneUp V2 Cartridge Service - Why Not?

2019 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  the-one1
I had a dead V2 cartridge bouncing around my bench… decided to try to disassemble it.

Musical instrument Metal Auto part Composite material Titanium

Office supplies Cosmetics Writing implement Font Tints and shades

I don’t have proper shaft clamps to remove the valve body (4mm head) or the pin spanner to take off lower seal head so don’t really have a full story… but what I do see looks like normal seals and glide rings.

Anyone have any thoughts? OneUp, you around?
See less See more
Reactions: 1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Check this out from nsmb:

Check this out from nsmb:

Brilliant. Appreciate it.

Might have to rig up some tools and try reviving mine…
Ok, so far fetched to ask here but…

Does anyone know if there is an oring that goes below the washer/spacer (spoke pointer) that the plunger goes through? The plunger was stuck for some reason and forcing it caused an ejection of parts… my theory is the cause of the jam was a pinched oring as I found a remnant.
Wood Automotive tire Wall Gas Auto part

Anyone? Bueller?
See less See more
Subscribed.
=sParty
Welp, found my answer. This o-ring might be the point most prone to failure.

Photograph Product Cameras & optics Handwriting Font

Probably the best resource for those interested in diggin in:
Instructables Link

Tools... perhaps this will help someone. I was able to get the lower sealhead off using a crescent wrench to turn mini needle nose pliers, and fashioned a couple different way to clamp shafts in vice (drilled balsa blocks, inner tube wrapping, etc).
See less See more
Reactions: 2
Update: So initially my post wouldn‘t stay down… reason being a 20 cent o-ring (see previous post) had blown out and the actuator/plunger was effectively stuck open. Sounds like it’s fairly common. Had I not torn the whole cartridge down this probably would have been a 5min fix.

A few months back I had to purchase a whole new post because 210 cartridges were nowhere to be found… so hopefully this thread will help someone in a similar situation.
You should hit one up for new cartridge, I got three warranty cartridges from them and eventually a whole new post when they had no cartridges separately available.
Shouldn't have to throw away a whole cartridge because of an oring.
It's good to know they're abe to be rebuilt with the right tools and parts.
Just threw away two cartridges because they wouldn't stay up/down. Had I known about this thread......
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.