Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For everyone running flats I have a question for you. I was looking at the Oneup Components Aluminum pedals and saw they are not compatible with Sram carbon cranks. So does that mean I really can't use them with my XO carbon cranks?
Thanks in advance.

· Pro Coffee Drinker
273 Posts
Not a carbon crank user but interested -- what makes these pedals unable to tighten to sram carbon cranks? It's not like they have different threads than any other pedal?? I have the oneup composites.

-DS

· Registered
1,099 Posts
It works but only if you use 2-3 pedal washers. Which is what I’m doing. No issues with my XO1 cranks even with multiple park days and countless rock strikes.

· Registered
177 Posts
For everyone running flats I have a question for you. I was looking at the Oneup Components Aluminum pedals and saw they are not compatible with Sram carbon cranks. So does that mean I really can't use them with my XO carbon cranks?
Thanks in advance.
If of any help, OneUp posted an explanatory comment on the alum pedal/SRAM carbon crank compatibility issue in this thread (see comment #23):

· Registered
1,128 Posts
OneUp was awesome and took care of me (discussed in another thread) but I found out the hard way you also can't run a boot on a non-SRAM carbon crank, which isn't the end of the world but not ideal either. My only feedback for OneUp is that they should probably literally tape something to the pedal telling you not to use a boot. Because they're pedals, it's not like I am reading installation instructions when they come.

· Registered
658 Posts

Interesting thread. I've been happily chugging along on OneUp alloy pedals, including after I switched to some X01 cranks last year. Forget if they needed more than one or two pedal washers, but even with (x-acto-knife-modified) crank end boots, they work beautifully.

· Registered
161 Posts
I can't understand this concept and why everyone gets so concerned about it. Although perhaps not "compatible" or recommended, the pedals work with Sram carbon cranks, and they work with crank boots (with a tiny amount of material trimmed off the holes in the boots). An extra washer and a razor blade solves the issue entirely...

· Disgruntled Peccary
6,682 Posts
I can't understand this concept and why everyone gets so concerned about it. Although perhaps not "compatible" or recommended, the pedals work with Sram carbon cranks, and they work with crank boots (with a tiny amount of material trimmed off the holes in the boots). An extra washer and a razor blade solves the issue entirely...
It would seem there have been damaged cranks. I can't blame oneup for saying to not use them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.