Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
change is good
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found it to be too flexible on my AM bike. What are your thoughts for rigid SS use? I sold my backup bike which had the Oneup bar on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Wanna ride bikes?
8,551 Posts
I found it to be too flexible on my AM bike. What are your thoughts for rigid SS use? I sold my backup bike which had the Oneup bar on it.
I find it weird that you've owned and ridden it but are asking for other peoples opinions. I doubt there are many SSers on these boards with personal experience with that particular bar being that it's relatively new and only available in 35mm.

I have one on my Kona Honzo ST and think the ride quality is excellent. I would think this would be beneficial on a rigid bike setup.

I have a few hardtail/SS bikes, all with nice compliant carbon handlebars. I can't imagine a better application than a rigid bike.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have one on a rigid single speed. It works well for me. No complaints and much more forgiving than the aluminum descendant that was mounted.

·
change is good
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find it weird that you've owned and ridden it but are asking for other peoples opinions. I doubt there are many SSers on these boards with personal experience with that particular bar being that it's relatively new and only available in 35mm.

I have one on my Kona Honzo ST and think the ride quality is excellent. I would think this would be beneficial on a rigid bike setup.

I have a few hardtail/SS bikes, all with nice compliant carbon handlebars. I can't imagine a better application than a rigid bike.
I’m definitely weird and also cheap. I’ve tried numerous hiking shoes and pedals out of desperation recently because of a heel spur that didn’t work out, so I’m a little butt hurt. I also have a Pivot handlebar which is pretty compliant but not as forgiving as the Oneup. It’s also raining where I’m at, plus Covid, and I’m bored.

I didn’t consider carbon 31.8 because I assumed they are not available in wide widths except the ENVE DH bar. The Easton carbon DH bar I had years ago was totally unforgiving.

Appreciate the input. A Waltworks which I wanted for years, is on the way. I hope I man up enough to put it to use for SS and bike packing.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I’m definitely weird and also cheap. I’ve tried numerous hiking shoes and pedals out of desperation recently because of a heel spur that didn’t work out, so I’m a little butt hurt. I also have a Pivot handlebar which is pretty compliant but not as forgiving as the Oneup. It’s also raining where I’m at, plus Covid, and I’m bored.

I didn’t consider carbon 31.8 because I assumed they are not available in wide widths except the ENVE DH bar. The Easton carbon DH bar I had years ago was totally unforgiving.

Appreciate the input. A Waltworks which I wanted for years, is on the way. I hope I man up enough to put it to use for SS and bike packing.

Also worth looking at the Chromag Cutlass, 31.8 x 800mm.

·
Wanna ride bikes?
8,551 Posts

I've had really good luck with carbon bars from SQ Labs, Oneup, Enve (they make a trail bike version), and Protaper. Compliant handlebars make a big difference on a rigid setup.

Reactions: northy185

·
psycho cyclo addict
2,974 Posts
I run Syntace carbon (wide too) bars on one SS and On-One stainless Mary bars on the other.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ride Enve bars, but recently got some Wren cages and saw the bars were reasonably priced. I'll probably pick some up this year to try them out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts