Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the OneUp online calculator for dropper posts and it says nothing will fit, but I've done some numbers and I think it may be OK, if I understand it correctly.

I have a Giant Stance size XS with a 30.9 tube. The length of tube that I can slide the dropper into is 161mm and my seat is 89mm above that because that is as low as my seat will go. (i.e., total length of seat post is 250mm.) I would probably ride with it higher, but I'm an older beginner and I can't get on/off the bike with the seat any higher.

If I understand OneUp's chart correctly, I could get a 120mm dropper. At the lowest position, it would put my seat 43mm below where it is currently, but then travel up 97mm above where I'm currently sitting. That seems like it would be OK, but the calculator says nothing will work. Can anyone tell me whether I can use their smallest (120mm) dropper and if not, can you explain where my numbers/logic fails?

Thank you for your help!

Font Line Slope Parallel Pattern

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, while I was waiting for this to post here, I got confirmation from OneUp that I can use the 120mm dropper. I'll leave the above post here in case anyone else runs into the same issue with the calculator returning a non-value when, in fact, there is a post that will fit, but the original question is OBE.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.