Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a set of these? I have been using mine for well over six months now, and it still seems too stiff, plus they are squeaking on rotation. Change bearings? IMO it seems pointless to have ceramic wheel and bb bearings when the pedals wont rotate smoothly. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
If you’re using carbon cranks with boots, you’re gonna need to use 2-3 pedal spacers so those pedals don’t don’t rub on the rubber boots. I have them and I’m using 2 pedals spacers and have no problems.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Does anyone have a set of these? I have been using mine for well over six months now, and it still seems too stiff, plus they are squeaking on rotation. Change bearings? IMO it seems pointless to have ceramic wheel and bb bearings when the pedals wont rotate smoothly. Suggestions?
I thought the same and OneUP advised it was normal to have the pedals 'not' spin freely. Doesn't make sense to me and have given up on these pedals.

Here's a thread I posted about them...

·
All fat, all the time.
11,120 Posts
I thought the same and OneUP advised it was normal to have the pedals 'not' spin freely. Doesn't make sense to me and have given up on these pedals.

Here's a thread I posted about them...
That makes no sense lol.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Disgruntled Peccary
6,501 Posts
Can you point me in the direction of flats that aren’t this way? Ones that work in carbon cranks with boots and don’t require spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you just take look and compare the inboard side (where the pedal screws into the crank) on both the aluminum and composite oneups, you'll notice the aluminum ones have a huge bearing in comparison. Any that don't have that will have no problems. It's not that the bearing is bad, it's not, it just creates a clearance issue.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How about these guys?
That's what replaced my alu OneUP pedals. It spins freely and has better grip (for me). I like that they are available in different sizes. I find that the OneUP pedals spaced the pins too far apart for my feet. So while the pins themselves provide lots of grip (scars on my shins say so), the foot bed is too large for where I load my (smallish) feet.

The Stamp 7s can be found for $110 elsewhere.

·
Look Pro, Go Slow
109 Posts
I got a pair of OneUp aluminum pedals recently that had some serious bearing issues. The seal on one of them was mashed in so that it squeaked as it rotated (i.e. not a clearance issue at all) and the bearings on the other were super gritty. Not sure what the deal was, but I didn’t like the way they rode and didn’t have a crombie tool which fits the damn thing to take it apart and fix it, so I’m back to my DMR Vaults.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Been through 3 pairs of the OneUp Alloys and they don't last all that long so you need not worry to much about it ...only run them on my DJ now and even that is a mix-match from two different sets. I have actually had much, much better luck in the spinning and longevity realms with the OneUp Composite pedals. Running those on both my trail and enduro sleds.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.