Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Purveyor of Fine 29erness
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter is a strange thing, especially up here in New England. We get snow, cold, boredom and all that other fun stuff that gets in the way of riding bikes. We've been off the trails for over a month now.

Riding the trainer is pretty lame.

Riding the roads is only an option when the weather cooperates, which isn't very often.
It's enough to drive some folks crazy.

Hibernation tendencies start to take over. Some dream.

And while I slumber, I dream of the sweet ribbon of ground that unfolds beneath my ever rolling front wheel.

I dream of outrageous things.

Metal Gas Nickel Aluminium Steel

Frivolity.

Product Text Photograph Purple Magenta

Metal Circle Gas Macro photography Close-up

Things that are cherished.

Pattern Circle Symmetry Visual arts Motif

Things that are coveted.

Then I start thinking about how it all works together.

Blue Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Bicycle frame

Blue Text Electric blue Majorelle blue Font

What drives it.

Blue Bicycle part Bicycle accessory Bicycle Bicycle frame

What steers it.

And this is what I come up with.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

I've been putting people on the bikes of their dreams for 5 years now.

This is my bike.

Attachments

·
Carbon & Ti rule
5,410 Posts
It doen't snow were I live 26 deg C most days it has not rained for 3 weeks so send that bike over here & I will look after it for you.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Oh yeah! You were right. I do like it. :D

I don't know which is better- That you are suffering such cabin fever that more things like this might get created, or that you would be able to ride this soon.

Hmmm...........

I am selfish, I pick cabin fever! :p

No.......I know. You are going to SSUSA with this, aren't you?

Devil you! ;)

One of these days.........

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Man, who do I need to get sponsored by to score a sweet Thomson clamp?

Bastard.

My bike is done.

It looks way better than yours.

I coulda used the Boone ring I have laying around, but I didn't want to put your bike to TOTAL shame...

A 6" rotor feels like a poorly bled 8" rotor.

P.S. I'll be riding tomorrow. Got gas in your snowmobile?

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
:eek: Nice looking bike, but seriously, you live somewhere like that and don't own and ride a snow bike :eek:ut: I'd have killed for a snow bike to ride around while I'm up here in all this vonderbar snow.

·
Purveyor of Fine 29erness
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a little much to look at I know, but I have to give Dicky a run for his money in bike pimpyness as I can't even come close in bike ridiness. I love it and that's all that matters.

I have taken it on it's first ride, about 15 minutes of Tour-de-Store to get all the adjustments right. Next week, it gets taken apart and shipped to AZ for SSUSA, held in Tucson this year. It's maiden voyage will most likely be a few hot laps around Fantasy Island. It doesn't really give me a whole lot of time to make sure every thing works, but sadly it will have to do.

As for snow biking? The local topography here is all wrong. As much as I'd love a Pugs, it an expense I can't justify. Not when the WW is already a pretty decent tire at around 18 psi for snow riding.

22.5 lbs BTW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.