Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty simple stuff here:

If you were forced to choose ONE model of tire that have to use for the remainder of your days, as both a front AND back tire, on whatever or every bike you own in every imaginable condition....what tire are you going to choose?

My choice: 2.35 Schwalbe Nobby Nic's

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Same here. My experiences with tires aren't that extensive...but out of the ones I've tried...I'd choose the 2.35 NN as an all rounder. They are also really common and you can find them on sale somewhere for pretty cheap.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,031 Posts
K2, I don’t like the question. People are partial to what works on their local trails. Different soil conditions everywhere.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
Hmmmm...I’m torn between the following in 27.5:

Pick: Minion DHRII 27.5 in 2.4

Honorable mention: Minion DHF II 27.5

I ride the east coast and have a strong bias towards gravity-esque riding endeavors. My guess is that if my riding biosphere was of the desert variety or XC-heavy I’d probably pick something else...

It’s hard to give up the cornering of the DHF, but the DHRII is a little more we’ll rounded in the climbing/braking department. I’m glad that outside of this little excercise I can have the best of both worlds :) .

·
Snow Dog
3,777 Posts
will be in the minority here, but I would go with the Continental Trail Kings if I could get them in 29x3...on my 26er, I always felt like they did great on everything here in Ohio

i still like to ride them on the single track around here on my 26, and they are ok for when I ride the paved rec trails with my wife....they are very "Soft" even when pumped up a bit

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
My current setup works really well for me, a WTB Trail Boss 2.4 rear tire and a Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 front. Even though the WTB tire is a 2.4, it is definitely a little smaller than the 2.35 Schwalbe which tend to run a little bigger than their listed size

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.