Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm SUCH a square....
1,955 Posts
THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is the FUTURE OF AMERICA -- if we're lucky. Good educational foundation, I can tell already. Good onya, and keep 'em ridin'!!!

·
Premium Member
6,514 Posts
Photos from a couple of weeks ago with my Son. He comes home from Pre-k nearly every day and asks if we can go on the Tandem. I love it. I think part of the reason he loves it is we stop and have fun.

Attachments

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
the pic with the groups of kids riding uphill is the 1st pic that I can recall making me think wow when I saw it---very good to know the people are assuring the sport/activity will be alive and well another 10 or more, hopefully many more years down the line. seldom except a kids cup that one sees more than a kid or 2 together ridin'.

oh---number plates--i guess it is a kids' cup--lol--still good 2 see.

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts
Great kid shots everyone, makes me look forward to the day that we can get our son on the trails with us.

He's still a bit too young to be riding by himself but he's already got a growing passion for mountain bikes, from grabbing all the adjustment knobs to a fascination with dics brakes.

W's pretty much been raised in a shop since he was four months old so when it came to pulling things down off of the shelves and "reorganizing" he was the right munchkin for the job and he's really familiarized himself with bike parts.

D

Drooling over the finish...

Some final tweaks...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great pics everyone!

Yesterday's ride was interesting - my son (16 months old) made some unauthorized fork adjustments for me the day before.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
jodyams said:
Great pics everyone!

Yesterday's ride was interesting - my son (16 months old) made some unauthorized fork adjustments for me the day before.
LOL! My 2 year old, Victor - loves those little knobs on the frame shock and the fork crown! I'll be riding and thinking, "WTF"??? Then see that the negative damping is cranked all the way down (up?) so the shock takes 5 minutes to 'spring' back!

He seems to love all-things-biking. At the races, he cheers and rings the cowbells like a pro - making me - or anyone who sees him - smile. He's got the pedalling thing all but figured out on his fancy german trike - but is still working on the steering thing. Seems like he could tinker with the knobs and spin the wheels and cranks on the bikes around the yard for hours at a time...

...hopefully he still digs it when he's older too!

Great pix of the kids all - it is inspiring. Thanks for kicking it off 'Pint!

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
nice! my son turned 4 yesterday. he does VERY well on his balance bike (specialized). He coasts down hills with his feet on a the back pegs no problem. I want to get him a pedal bike in the spring... any suggestions? I think he might just skip training wheels. lbs does trek. another does spec.

I have some nice videos of him, no stills. He loves being videoed. I set up 'skinnies' with just long 1x8's laying flat on the ground that he can totally handle. he even did a mini teeter toter.

I want to get a burly piccolo next.

how old does a kid have to be to do the tander stoker kit thing? can the kid coast, or is it locked like a regular tandem?

·
Funkifized
63 Posts
My Boy

Here is my son riding back in the spring. This thread reminds me I need to get more pics of him riding. Great pictures posted here. We are rearing the next generation of trail fanatics,

Proud to have made the creek crossing.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My sons fly's on his balance bike, I can't even tell you how much joy this little bike has been for the two of us, these little bikes are a great way to teach your little ones how to ride, at 19 month Josh was already riding at skate parks and homemade ramps, at 22 month's we did four miles of easy single track with a little help on the hills. Now that's cold Josh and I do all are riding in the basement.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts