Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the NE Atlanta suburbs (Hamilton Mill, Gwinnett County) and ride Yargo, Harbins, Chicopee every weekend. Normally, with 4 kids and their associated weekend activities, I'm too pressed for time to drive further than that to ride. I ride Blankets Creek often in the summer, as well.

However, this Saturday, my wife and kids will all be out of town. I have the whole day.

What day trip from Gwinnett county would you recommend? Anything within a couple of hours drive would be fine.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I just got back from Coldwater Mtn. Great place. I also did Bear creek. Another fantastic area but a little more remote. Don't think you'll go wrong with either of those.

Jackrabbit and Lake Hartwell will be on my next trip. Heard good things about both.

Paris Mountain comes to mind also.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would go to ride bear creek and p1,2,3 in Ellijay. Just rode there the other day and it was all really good. Probably the best place I've ever ridden and way nicer than coldwater.
Sounds like a plan. Now, where can I find detail trailhead and route information? I've never been and I'll be riding alone.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again. Could I park at the intersections of Gonasauga Rd. and Wilderness Rd. and start the loop there? On the map I linked, that would be the southern most point of the loop if I'm reading the route correctly.

I may just drive into Mulberry Gap and ask there but if I can park at that intersection and start riding, that would be great.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the recommendation all. Bear Creek and Pinhoti 1&2 were fantastic. The folks at Mulberry Gap were also a great help. What a cool facility they run right at the trail start!

But, that first climb up to Bear Creek overlook? Ugh! I thought I was a good climber but 5 minute climbs at Chicopee and Yargo didn't prepare me for 1400' of elevation gain in 4.8 miles!

Fun trail and easy to navigate with the directions from Mulberry Gap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.