Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pro Crastinator
11,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this was the first stop on out trip last week. we love these bay area jumps so much, we even drove over a 150 miles out of our way, to go hit them up for the afternoon. we were very stoked to see the place in good shape, the jumps are looking really nice now....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Those look like nice trails. Its always good to see the jumps still in existence when you get to a place because there are way too many people with bulldozers looking to spoil your day!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Nice again. Cool to see pics of WCH at a local spot. Just a word of advice though, dont go throwing pics of that spot all over, just call them San Jose jumps or something, because the city is really ticked off about publicity and riders coming from out of town to hit the jumps. No worries, but try to keep it low profile, cuz no-one wants to see those jumps bulldozed.

(Edited for name)

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
You didn't happen to get any pictures of northstar did you? I've lived here and ridden that place for 4 years and I think I have about 5 pics of the place.

·
Pro Crastinator
11,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kidwoo said:
You didn't happen to get any pictures of northstar did you? I've lived here and ridden that place for 4 years and I think I have about 5 pics of the place.
northstar is an asskicker on the whole mountain, every pic would simply look like an ill rockgarden.......

but, no we didn't get any pics from there.....

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
WCH...you're a dirtbag!

.WestCoastHucker. said:
this was the first stop on out trip last week. we love these bay area jumps so much, we even drove over a 150 miles out of our way, to go hit them up for the afternoon. we were very stoked to see the place in good shape, the jumps are looking really nice now....
Yeah, yeah, yeah...we've seen all the glorius pics and stuff about how good you are. But damnit...you are actually pretty damn good. As an acknowleged leader in the FR field, you must reflect a small amount of resonpsibility. Younger riders with no real background of hardcore offroad riding will think this is the way to "do the deal" on their bikes...boy, I don't want to sound like a *****, but c'mon...give 'em a break. You and the guys you ride with do an impressive job of laying it down. But you know that most of us don't have those skills, and when we screw up...it'd be a lot better if we had those puddin' bowls on our heads to protect what little gray matter resides in those nether regions. Mountie violations aside, please try to impress on you and your fellow riders to think about the ignorant and unwashed masses (me included) when you suggest that radical moves like you guys do are not without mishaps...and therefore helmets.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
TNC said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah...we've seen all the glorius pics and stuff about how good you are. But damnit...you are actually pretty damn good. As an acknowleged leader in the FR field, you must reflect a small amount of resonpsibility. Younger riders with no real background of hardcore offroad riding will think this is the way to "do the deal" on their bikes...boy, I don't want to sound like a *****, but c'mon...give 'em a break. You and the guys you ride with do an impressive job of laying it down. But you know that most of us don't have those skills, and when we screw up...it'd be a lot better if we had those puddin' bowls on our heads to protect what little gray matter resides in those nether regions. Mountie violations aside, please try to impress on you and your fellow riders to think about the ignorant and unwashed masses (me included) when you suggest that radical moves like you guys do are not without mishaps...and therefore helmets.
I'd say a majority of the people looking at this board are older than 3 or 4 years old. At our age, if you can't exercise your own right to make judgements and decisions on your own, you really shouldn't be walking the streets....

·
Registered
593 Posts
TNC said:
You are wrong that he has some kind of responsibility. Look I grew up in a time when Evel Knievel was god. Me and my friends were at that age 8 to 13 where we could have done anything and not thought twice... that is unless we were complete idiots. I jumped a car once on my bmx bike with no transition and nailed it. But that was after 3 years of riding bmx and dj'ing. I only had pictures in magazines and the one time I saw EK in person to go by but I progressed and never had a real injury.

EK was a way bigger threat than anyone out there today and I rememeber the squawking that went on about his danger to us kids. BS then BS now.

I have a young son into this stuff too so there. You should get out the USA and see how much we are known for shirking personal responsibilty and suing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.