Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With gas prices so high I've been staying close to home, this little gem is only 22 miles from home.

I love riding my single speed along this beautiful single track.

We often see huge salmon.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
numerous swimming holes

lef-t said:
With gas prices so high I've been staying close to home, this little gem is only 22 miles from home.

I love riding my single speed along this beautiful single track.

We often see huge salmon.
We found this neat hole in the rock. We like to swim and cool off here in the summer.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A forest fire went trough the middle part of the trail

lef-t said:
We found this neat hole in the rock. We like to swim and cool off here in the summer.
There has been a lot of retoration work going on. Lots of log bridges have been repaired and most of the huge blow downs are cut out.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The trail rolls along pretty good

lef-t said:
There has been a lot of retoration work going on. Lots of log bridges have been repaired and most of the huge blow downs are cut out.
It's a good work out on a single speed, lot's of short steep climb. The creek is so nice to ride along the whole way.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't resist a cave

lef-t said:
It's a good work out on a single speed, lot's of short steep climb. The creek is so nice to ride along the whole way.
Half way up the trail is a little cave to check out. It's a nice place to get out of the rain or
sun.

This little bridge burned in the recent fire, they build nice bridges in these parts.
 

Attachments

·
Tree Hugger
Joined
·
2,946 Posts
cmatcan said:
really beautfil trails there!! let me know if some real estate opens up out there!!
There are plenty of vacant houses (condemned meth labs) real close by if you're interested.

I haven't been out there in some time Lef-T. Looks like those were taken earlier in the year? I'll have to go check out the new bridge work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I rode last fall with my daugther, we encountered a bunch of blow down

Sasquatch said:
There are plenty of vacant houses (condemned meth labs) real close by if you're interested.

I haven't been out there in some time Lef-T. Looks like those were taken earlier in the year? I'll have to go check out the new bridge work.
Karly and I had a really hard time on the upper section with blow down.

This summer they cut it all out and rebuilt a bunch of wiped out bridges.

I was up there in August when I saw the salmon. The north bank trail sections are super greasy now. We rode it when it was greasy in late Oct. The burned section is nice and dry.

One fun trial that used to drop into this creek is totally nuked and may not be ridable for years. I hiked it by accident and it was totally obliterated for 2 miles in the middle section.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When's the meet, I'm interested

shiggy said:
Have not seen your daughter in ages!

Is the whole family going to turn out for the All Comers Meat @ WhyPass next month?
I ride with her rarely, she's always busy dancing. She just bought a house in sringtukey. I love riding with her, she's always smiling.

Shane works on sunday, my day off. We haven't done a ride in a ***** age. Lately I've been riding with my co-workers.

I ride in the thruston hills a lot. Dot drops me off in the mountains on occation.

I think I'll be riding north fork soon, I'll stop in and say hey again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
lef-t said:
I ride with her rarely, she's always busy dancing. She just bought a house in sringtukey. I love riding with her, she's always smiling.

Shane works on sunday, my day off. We haven't done a ride in a ***** age. Lately I've been riding with my co-workers.

I ride in the thruston hills a lot. Dot drops me off in the mountains on occation.

I think I'll be riding north fork soon, I'll stop in and say hey again.
Jan 21 for the All Comers.

Give me some notice when you come up. I will ride with you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would love to ride with you again, I will let you know.

shiggy said:
Jan 21 for the All Comers.

Give me some notice when you come up. I will ride with you.
I have to work on Sat, maybe I can switch days. The all comers meet sounds fun.
 

·
from the east
Joined
·
275 Posts
Holy Moly!

I just came across this thread!

That looks unbelievably nice. Just perfect. Sort of a wet-ish paradise. 22 miles from there? Consider yourself very lucky.

Thanks for the pictures!

eric.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top