Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
oooh, shiny...
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's easier than you think... :D

Got up early thismorning to enjoy some of this amazing weather. Met up with a few other riders just before the waterfall. Had a fantastic ride out to the towers and back. We stopped at the "Bermuda triangle" or "#3", whatever you want to call it, to try some lines. Long story short I ended up falling of the left line (heading away from Pima canyon) down to the middle and twisting my ankle. Ouch.... :cryin: No way I was paying for a chopper ride off the mountain so I had to suck it up and ride down, with one leg!!! I don't at all recommend doing this but just so you know, it can be done. :eek:ut:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks to everyone who stuck around for me and my pain! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
Hey man, I was the guy that passed you on the Titus. Glad to hear that everything turned out okay.

·
My other ride is your mom
5,442 Posts
so you icing that bad-boy right now, poppin IBU and drinkin beer? Or is it one of those.....maybe I should go to urgent care kind of thing?

·
oooh, shiny...
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maadjurguer said:
so you icing that bad-boy right now, poppin IBU and drinkin beer? Or is it one of those.....maybe I should go to urgent care kind of thing?
Ice and rest for now, just staying off it. If its real bad tomorrow I'll think about the whole urgent care thing. It doesn't hurt but I have not tried to walk on it since I got home. I think I'll change my name to Hoppy! :D

·
EDR
10,312 Posts
I was out there too...but much later. Got off at 1....I'm fried right now.
I got off at 1pm as well. Up National to saddle and back. Did I talk to you and another guy at the Waterfall (two guys on new stumpy's). Didn't really see any other riders. That's the beauty of riding there in the heat.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
I did that once but at least I was at Buena Vista for the festivities. One legged it all the way down the road and about 4 miles on Baseline before my buddy picked me up. Good times :p

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Ry-daddy said:

Got up early thismorning to enjoy some of this amazing weather. Met up with a few other riders just before the waterfall. Had a fantastic ride out to the towers and back. We stopped at the "Bermuda triangle" or "#3", whatever you want to call it, to try some lines. Long story short I ended up falling of the left line (heading away from Pima canyon) down to the middle and twisting my ankle. Ouch.... :cryin: No way I was paying for a chopper ride off the mountain so I had to suck it up and ride down, with one leg!!! I don't at all recommend doing this but just so you know, it can be done. :eek:ut:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks to everyone who stuck around for me and my pain! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
So I'm guessing you don't want to ride National tomorrow morning? Heal up Hollywood!

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
I blew up a TIME pedal at Buena Vista and one-legged it back down National/Mormon - not a fun experience and I wasn't in pain.

Heal up quick Ry-Daddy!

·
lurker extraordinaire
270 Posts
Ry-daddy said:

Fun times indeed! Sorry that Tim and I had to take off, but we were both late for work and Al said he was going to ride down with you. Hope to see you out there again soon ...

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I can relate. Snapped the end off of my left fibula while walking up a steep incline through
the woods with my bike to catch some other riders for a video we were making. Had to ride
out. It was a very technical section of the trail. One-footed circle-pedalling. Weee.
Then, I had to drive a car with a clutch to get home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts