Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Looks good!
Sheesh...6'9"? Definetly a candidate for a custom frame.

....or the new 'stock' 23" framed El Capitan!

But look slike he's got the 6"" rockers on there? If so then maybe he's a big guy bashing through the woods, which I think the 26" wheels would probably last longer in the woods than a 29" wheel from what I've seen.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Internal14 said:
Looks good!
Sheesh...6'9"? Definetly a candidate for a custom frame.

....or the new 'stock' 23" framed El Capitan!

But look slike he's got the 6"" rockers on there? If so then maybe he's a big guy bashing through the woods, which I think the 26" wheels would probably last longer in the woods than a 29" wheel from what I've seen.
Assuming you're correct in your assumption (big guy on 6" rockers bashing through the woods) then I wonder why he didn't go for the X5 with the full X-braced frame? Weight saving I guess?

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
ozlongboarder said:
I have been bashing the crap out of my rigid 29er for a year now, the rear has been trued once and that was early on. Unless your a mother hucker 29" wheels will be fine for trail riding.
Can I ask what rim you're using? And also hub/spokes and the lacing of the wheel?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Delgados...

...but he rides like a sissy.

I, on the other hand, also run the Deltacos and ride like a man. They've held up just fine for my 250# SSing carcass on my Karate Monkey. Done 4' drops to flat...rigid...with no issues.

I also have a Rynolite wheel - nice step up and more than enough for your typically trail rider.

Sean

Internal14 said:
Can I ask what rim you're using? And also hub/spokes and the lacing of the wheel?
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.