Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bro Mountainbiker
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Ill be in Tallahassee next week and i have Thursday the 17th free to ride.

My question for the locals is "Which one to ride?"

Im looking for 15-30 miles, singletrack, good climbs, smooth or tech(combo would be ideal) 45mins-1 hour away from tallahassee area.

Whats the best place to ride? Im open to all suggestions.

Thanks ahead of time!

Sheepo

·
Bro Mountainbiker
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never been, but Tom Brown is supposed to be very good.
It looks fun but a little short at 5 miles. As a matter of fact, all these tally trails look a little short. I guess I can ride it a few times.

Any other suggestions?

·
Papa T
273 Posts
Do a Tom Brown loop and then connect over to Cadillac Trail. Should get you 15+ miles.

·
Bro Mountainbiker
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do a Tom Brown loop and then connect over to Cadillac Trail. Should get you 15+ miles.
Sweet, it looks like a done deal.

Thanks again guys

Sheepo

·
Bro Mountainbiker
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely Tom Brown... here's a GPS track, though for some reason google maps broke it up into a few logs. No idea why but if you click on all of them you'll get the picture. There's an extra 7 miles of flat land across the pond.
Thanks a lot for the map. I diddnt know this trail was so close to the city. Pretty cool. Reminds me of soap creek in atlanta where i grew up.

I look forward to checking it all out and trying out some new trails!

Sheepo

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
i;m heading that direction this weekend. hitting tom brown and munson hills. i'll let you know how it goes. i've ridden tom brown several times but not since they've revamped the trails. last time i rode it they were pretty fun.

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
tom brown was awesome. better than the last time i was there and easy to follow. lots of cool features to play around on. the cadillac trail a lot more technical and challenging on a singlespeed. we could have done two laps easily to make sure we hit everything but we opted to hit munson hills. first time there and i was impressed. though it's not technical it is fast and fun. lots of small rollers and bermed turns. even though i was worn out i still wanted to go fast. trail dynamics worked their magic on it. we also linked in the twilight trail but it was unexciting unless you just want to get a lot of miles in. we talked to a local and he said that there are loads of trails that can be linked together for 60-80 miles. for a one day ride i would hit tom brown and then hit munson after just for the fun factor.

·
Bro Mountainbiker
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tom brown was awesome. better than the last time i was there and easy to follow. lots of cool features to play around on. the cadillac trail a lot more technical and challenging on a singlespeed. we could have done two laps easily to make sure we hit everything but we opted to hit munson hills. first time there and i was impressed. though it's not technical it is fast and fun. lots of small rollers and bermed turns. even though i was worn out i still wanted to go fast. trail dynamics worked their magic on it. we also linked in the twilight trail but it was unexciting unless you just want to get a lot of miles in. we talked to a local and he said that there are loads of trails that can be linked together for 60-80 miles. for a one day ride i would hit tom brown and then hit munson after just for the fun factor.
Thanks man. I can't wait to hit Tom brown. My plan is rode t.b. And then Cadillac. And maybe do Tom brown again.
Is cadillac riding distance from t.b?

·
The Voice of Reason
523 Posts
it's pretty much all the same trail system. if you start on the paved trail down by the enormous playground, just follow the blue numbered diamonds. that would be the magnolia trail.when you get back to number 1,cross the paved trail for the cadillac trail and it also has blue numbered diamonds. at the end of cadillac you can cross the lake to that big greenway or head back to the park. it's really easy to follow.

·
Trail Rider
1,418 Posts
Aside from the 7 miles of greenway trails you can get on the other side of the train tracks(after riding Cadillac), there's also several miles of trail associated with the Fern Trail, which can easily be linked up to Magnolia/Tom Brown. Easy way to make better than 20 miles of riding on that park.

·
Bro Mountainbiker
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody for your help. Im psyched about hittin these trails. As Suprbugman said i might actually do tom brown and Cadillac and then explore some. Or i might ride tom brown and cadillac multiple times.

Either way, im sure i will have fun.

Sheepo

P.S. PM me if you want to ride. Thursday 11-1 starting time.

·
Bro Mountainbiker
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a freaking great time at Tom Brown Park! It was hard to get my heartbeat up enough for a good workout but i def honed my skills on the technical stuff.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the obstacles and especially KUDZILLA jump track. I had a freaking blast.

I tried to conquer my fear or skinny elevated bridges on the elevated log at the bottom of Kudzilla, I had a mental freakout, froze, and almost fell off the log.

Good trail system! Def riding it again!

Sheepo

·
Trail Rider
1,418 Posts
Megashnauzer said:
cool. hit munson hills for cardio. it's just wide open and fast.
Especially right now, dang things are being worked on at a pretty amazing pace. Everytime I go, there's more clay trail, bermed turns for confident, fast-paced riding, and oh-so smoooooooth.

Its like riding a red clay waterslide. Looks kinda weird though - LOL

·
Columbus, GA
344 Posts
The trails at Tom Brown are awesome. I was just there this last weekend. The flow track is really cool. There's also a pump track being made at the park in PineyZ. We go down there just for Tom Brown park (Wakulla Springs is neat, too). There's also a great RC track (if you're into that) which is a lot of fun. There's a BMX track as well, but I think the flow track is more fun.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts