Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
YESBRO!!!
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi.

i may be visiting the pasadena area from SF and have no local knowledge of the trails in the area. i would have one chance to ride, this monday. i have a vehicle so i'm mobile.

the socal trail reviews are not updated with any regularity and i'd live to avoid driving to a trail to find it closed or under repairs or some such.

would the locals care to share anything with me?

in exchange, if you should come to the bay area i can show you practically anything you like.

i'll be on a 4" ASR dualie and i'm looking for the most strenuous and most technical thing that doesn't require armor and a full face lid to survive within a short drive. i'd have the time to ride for up to five hours, but even a sweet 90 minute ride would satisfy me.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers!

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I haven't used the GPS thing at all. You can probably find something on geoladders or one of those sites. If my other plans fall through I may be able to ride, as long as you don't mind a slower pace.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the Echo mountain, Sunset, El Prieto ride described above is a good bet. If you choose to do Winter Creek/Zion half of that ride can be found here along with a few others (GPS tracks)- www.socalsingletrack.com. Winter Creek is technical and lots of fun.

If you can shuttle a ride you could also do the Gabrieleno from Red Box to JPL. The ride on the website gives you directions from Red Box to Switzers but you can keep following the Gabrieleno trail down to JPL. The JPL location can be found on the "Lower JPL/Arroyo Seco" trail page. You'd just be missing a track for the middle part of the ride. Leave one car at JPL and take the other to Red Box. 15 miles of mostly descending (there is one major climb in there I think). There's quite a bit of exposure on the trail combined with technical sections so be careful.

If you need any more info PM me.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Park at the top of Lake Ave. and ride up the lower Sam Merrill to Echo, then across to Mt. Lowe access road. If you want more mile then climb to Ispiration Point or all the way to Mt Lowe. www.pmbc.org is the local mtn-bike club and you can start a blog if you are looking for someone to ride with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.