Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to build up a One 9, have some fork questions.

I'll ride a few ice races this year with a front spiked tire. My buddy gets ample clearance with his Switchblade and we're running the same tires/screws.....

The obviously option for the One 9 is the Niner fork, but I'm not certain my old trusty ice race tire is going to clear the blades on the Niner fork. As with most homeshop project, you just won't know until you try it. Not show stopper, but would like to address this question before I toss down the cash.

If there is a most excellent Niner tech on the forum, I'm curious if you know the clearance difference b/w the Switchblade and your Niner Carbon Fork. I can do some measurement on my buddy's bike if needed.

For all the others...what rigid (carbon) fork are you running on your One 9 and/or what appear to work best with the geo?

Thanks!

p.s. My Niner dealer "sucks" in the area, so looking for rockstar Niner dealers (sorry if that is taboo to bring that up on the forum).

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
I have 3 forks for my One9.

Niner carbon: Excellent and the lightest. Almost too stiff for my 155lbs. You point it where you want to go and it doesn't ask questions. Very little braking flex. (540g)

Pace rc29. Soft carbon fork. 465mm AC, 38(?) offset. Very comfy fork, as it dulls out the chatter bumps some. Lot's of brake flex. (710g) Now rebranded as the DTswiss 29er fork.

Black sheep Ti: Very similar to the pace, 465mm, 51mm offset, and a little lighter (655g) Not quite as smooth as the Pace, but small difference. This is the lighter of the 2 tubesets he'll use to make forks.

I've ridden the Whitebros fork. It is stiffer than the Pace and about 150g heavier.

Call Niner. I'm sure they'll measure the fork for you while you're on the phone.

·
2,818 Posts
SupaFli said:
p.s. My Niner dealer "sucks" in the area, so looking for rockstar Niner dealers (sorry if that is taboo to bring that up on the forum).
Supafli,

Please PM me who your Niner dealer is and your issues, I want to know.

Unless your tire is bigger and has screws that stick out father than a 2.6" tire does, you should be fine. I'm in the process of studding a Kodiak with stainless steel sheet metal screws and don't see any problem with clearance issues.

Cheers,

Brett

·
Registered
753 Posts
You are a Maniac.

2melow said:
Supafli,

Please PM me who your Niner dealer is and your issues, I want to know.

Unless your tire is bigger and has screws that stick out father than a 2.6" tire does, you should be fine. I'm in the process of studding a Kodiak with stainless steel sheet metal screws and don't see any problem with clearance issues.

Cheers,

Brett
I cannot wait to see those Kodiaks'. Straight outta Mad Max! You should wear a bloodied hockey mask and rock a mohawk while riding.

Pics for sure.

L8R's,

PF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.