Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
just wish it was made by Ibis :) ....it looks good ...though the SC name transfers suck!

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
arkadi said:
Man this forum is hard to please. Isn't this the first full-carb 29er available?
First carbon 29er - nope. Superfly, Alma, Specialized has one coming out.

I do think it'll be a good bike for the 29er community. Maybe, if it works well for them, they'll invest time on a big wheeled Nomad.

·
MTB Rider
3,007 Posts
FS carbon 29er

GreenLightGo said:
First carbon 29er - nope. Superfly, Alma, Specialized has one coming out.

I do think it'll be a good bike for the 29er community. Maybe, if it works well for them, they'll invest time on a big wheeled Nomad.
I think he meant full suspension carbon 29er. And yet both Fisher and Specialized has beat Santa Cruz to the punch. I do hope they are releasing a hardtail.

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
I *was* real excited about SC's offering to the 29er world BUT full carbon frame? Not where I live... AZ terrain is too rough (IMO) for a full carbon bike (unless you're on a roadie of course). Will there be a less expensive aluminum version too?

·
The Dog.
959 Posts
Wow...that thread had a rapid curve ball. Was not expecting that.

Looks nice. At least Santa Cruz can say that they have the first VPP carbon 29er. IMO...superior to Specialized or ABP from Fisher.

·
Masher
1,426 Posts
No offense intended I was just responding to yout hyperbole with my own.

Its a cool bike, for sure, but I'm still waiting for my carbon SS specific frame that I will probably never get.

7k carbon fs bikes are nice eye candy but I doubt I will be investing in one until one of these companies proves its not going to have failure issues.

Couple years from now maybe I'll invest a tax return in one but it still probably won't be from SC.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Where is everybody?

I thought the 29er crowd would be all over this?

I'm not a fan of carbon fiber, but it does look nice.

I second the Nomad 29er.

Did they send a complimentary one to DC?

·
The Dog.
959 Posts
thesenator said:
I thought the 29er crowd would be all over this?

Did they send a complimentary one to DC?
There's another thread on the same thing...

No, I heard that they sent him a piece of poop in the mail and wrote "10" travel dual crown 29er fork" all over the box.

·
Registered
28 Posts
MisterC said:
Its a cool bike, for sure, but I'm still waiting for my carbon SS specific frame that I will probably never get.
if you can get your hands on one, theres always the shop employee edition Superfly SS. We've had a few come through my shop for our team guys, one is still hanging out, because it wasn't light enough (rider has never ridden a single speed before and is concerned about keeping the bike sub 20 pounds)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts