Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed what looks like a single track coming off Maple Springs while ridding MD over to Motorway on Saturday. It looks like it cuts right through the middle of MS and then switches out to the west. Anybody know where it goes or where it starts? I hope I did not break some "fight club" rule or anything by posting. :nono:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Phishin Paul said:
I noticed what looks like a single track coming off Maple Springs while ridding MD over to Motorway on Saturday. It looks like it cuts right through the middle of MS and then switches out to the west. Anybody know where it goes or where it starts? I hope I did not break some "fight club" rule or anything by posting. :nono:
about 1/3 of maple springs has a singletrack next to it for awhile. it has some fun sections but nothing to write home about.

·
Just another FOCer
1,371 Posts
Maple Springs Singletrack

Maple Springs Singletrack is a nice alternative to just cruising down Maple Springs.

It starts from 4 corners.

Looking back at 4 corners:

Like DT said, it has some fun parts, but there are also times that you are dodging huge ruts and floating on baby heads:

The singletrack crosses Maple Springs a couple times and terminates at the last dirt hairpin turn before the pavement begins.

Ron's Socal MTB Trail Site used to have a good description of it, but the site seems to have faded into history.

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you go on Google Earth you can easily follow it down from Four Corners almost to the bottom of the dirt section of Maple Springs. I've thought about getting some people together to ride it but, after talking to a couple of guys who've attempted it, it just sounds like a giant rut that's unrideable in most places.

If you decide to give it a go however, take some pics and let me know if I'm completely wrong.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
good info winston. when i explored it, i saw a doubletrack leading to the left (basically parellel) to silverado canyon road for miles and miles. it appears to stay high on the ridge, i wonder if it then drops down to the canyon with a tasty descent??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.