Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm between a rock and a hard place.
This year I'm making the jump into FS carbon 29er... And at first the choice was easy! Carbondale scalpel 2. LS has left over 13's so I was like this is a no brainer. But the other day I stopped in a shop with a friend and her shop carried Scott... And oh boy was the Scott spark a nice ride!
Now I'm torn I've always had Cannondale brand loyalty! And they are both the same price exactly. And I guess the competition between these two bikes is so close they even had an article doing a shootout! With the cannondale winning. So how is a mere mortal to choose?:madman:

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
By riding them and seeing which one he likes better.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
Crap 153 views and 1 reply ¿ Surely
I mean no offense but that is because it is a silly question.

If they both ride equally then pick the one with the better components or value. The one that is lighter. If all is equal, the better color....the shop that offers better service.

If it comes down to you just can not decide because everything is equal then buy the brand you are loyal to.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It depends on what kind of riding you do. I felt that the Scott was a little more relaxed than the Scalpel. However, I was looking for a race bike, so I ended up with the Scalpel. I absolutely love it as a race bike. Its light, stiff, and quite maneuverable. It wouldn't be my first choice as a trail bike, though. Its just too aggressive; don't get me wrong, I have a ton of fun on it, but if I only wanted a trail bike, I probably would have ended up with something else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts