Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone body out there got any more feedback? I've searched and read of couple of bits of initial feedback but, by now, people must have got a pretty good take on these lovely frames :D

·
( )
755 Posts
Hey Clink,

I got in only 2 rides before the snow arrived, so I don't have much to say beyond what i posted in that other thread. But from those two rides it just felt very solid and light and comfortable. I've been riding an older steel inbred with sliders the past year and a half. It seemed like climbing with the ti frame felt more efficient, maybe because of the lighter overall weight or maybe the burly track ends makes for a stiffer setup and better power transfer or maybe because I was really excited to be on a new bike. As far as craftsmanship, it's an absolutely beautiful frame. I'll post up more when I get more time on it.

·
heckler
166 Posts
yep, they are out!

only had one ride on mine so far; it took me a while to get all the parts

speced it out with an alfine, 80mm rebas, stans rims and a middleburn crank

geometry on the 19.5 model fits me like a glove (used to own a scandal but it was nicked), climbs great and handles excellently, complete bike comes in at about 27lbs total, frame is 1680g

not sure about the reba sl?s though, but it they were a bargain at £120!

·
heckler
166 Posts
it is a different ride than the scandal, although the set up for both bikes was diffferent (100mm forks on the scandal and 80mm forks on the ti29er) from memory the scandal felt more compliant, but the ti29er seatpost angle is different - but the change feels good, the bike jumps better, maybe the standard on one geometry suits a shorter fork, it handles singletrack and corners better than the scandal did

couple of poor quality piccies of mine

https://lh5.ggpht.com/_U8Hk3xz4IvU/SV1gTqLtAwI/AAAAAAAAAFc/NfjwibfbMw0/20081231124937.jpg[img]

[img]https://lh3.ggpht.com/_U8Hk3xz4IvU/SWD1y39fsvI/AAAAAAAAAFk/mljKgEi908g/20090104094147.jpg[img]

[img]https://lh3.ggpht.com/_U8Hk3xz4IvU/SWD11e0tzeI/AAAAAAAAAFs/fvj9PAzZ0Rs/20090104094238.jpg[img]

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers for those. Opened pics in seperate window and they worked fine. I've just managed to get a 2nd hand steel 29er slot dropout frame which I'm going to build up so I can check sizing before I spend all that ££££ on the ti.
I used to live in Mold btw so I've ridden a few of the Clwydian trails. (I was more into running then though (about 5 years ago))

·
Registered
214 Posts
I own a 16" version. I loved my Scandal so much I just pulled the trigger on the ti when On-One was having the warehouse sale. The ti has a more compliant ride, and somehow it turns faster (not sure why though). Initially I didn't like the rear brake mounting with the horizontal stays, but after a few rides it makes alot of sense. I love this bike!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Love mine

I've had mine since September 09, prior to that I was riding and racing a cannondale F2000. I love the On One, I race it cross country and enduros, it handles single track as well as 26" ( I keep up no worries with them) and floats the ruts making my ageing bones happy. I run the rear wheel slammed full forward for shortest wheel base and this made mounting the XT caliper difficult until I found an alternative mounting block.
On reflection I would not run XT brakes any more, I think there are much better brands.Even though I use a 180mm rotor on the front XT mineral oil doesn't like the cold and they are a pain to bleed.
I now use 9mm and 10mm thru axels which hace stiffened everything up more but a 15mm maxel would be preferred.
The horizontal drop out is handy as I'm considering the September released 11speed Alfine, british mud is gringing my gears down so fast..........
The only thing I don't like about the On-One are the dumb decals which are pants.
Check the bike pics out on my profile .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.