Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Live Free & Ride
1,574 Posts
Yeah, its basically your run-of-the-mill carbon plus design being put out by Edge Design and re-badged by On-One and others. I think its hit or miss on these chi-carbon frames, although they are fatigue tested just like most other frames on the market. I have heard the horror stories on some chi-carbon frames where the bottom bracket fell out after a few years, or just something going wrong that shouldn't. You may get a good one or you might not. It is covered for 2 years, but a true rider review would be better. :skep:

https://www.edge-design.com.tw/MTB.html

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've been looking for this type of bike but every one I find is missing just one or two things that would make it ideal. Lack of single-speed dropouts is the downside with this On One bike, and yes maybe also some long-term worry about the Chinese frame (but aren't they all Chinese anyway?)

Here's what seems to not exist yet: light carbon hardtail, modern slack geometry ideal for 120 mm fork, boost spacing, single-speed compatible dropouts, fits 29/27.5+

Giant XTC Advanced + is the closest I can find, but I'm not a fan of the super flashy bright color graphics of the green level " 2 " model that's in my price range. Gonna have to keep waiting. It's winter anyway, so no rush

·
Registered
280 Posts
Salsa Woodsmoke hits all those marks.
I thought about that one but a number of reviews ding it for being rather heavy despite the carbon. And this is just an aesthetic opinion but somehow the On One and Stache managed to make that elevated chainstay look OK but it looks ugly on the Woodsmoke

·
Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
2,867 Posts
Any pictures of this thing in the wild yet?

I'd like to see it built up as a 29er.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts