Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Abby Normal
534 Posts
I'll be curious to see what those retail for in the USA. If I wasn't already rolling on a Paradox Banshee frame I would seriously consider picking one of these up.

·
Is dang happy!
1,380 Posts
Going to be a popular bike.

I'll be curious to see what those retail for in the USA. If I wasn't already rolling on a Paradox Banshee frame I would seriously consider picking one of these up.
Pre-order pricing on a complete is $1462 shipped from PlanetX uk.
That is with a 120mm 15mmTA Revelation, Reverb and Clutch derailleur.
(24mm rims are meh IMO.)
Frame is only $275.

CBOOPWDEO_P1.jpg

FROOPARK_P1.jpg

Looks like a great (budget) Yelli alternative.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Sizing sucks. No XL, and there's no way a 6'4 rider has sufficient reach and ETT on that large frame.
words out of my mouth. Reach at 16.5" on a large frame? yeesh, same size as a medium taro/honzo. On one is always sooooo close to making the perfect frame...but I'm really digging the long top tube short stem sort of thing, and they just haven't caught on.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
words out of my mouth. Reach at 16.5" on a large frame? yeesh, same size as a medium taro/honzo. On one is always sooooo close to making the perfect frame...but I'm really digging the long top tube short stem sort of thing, and they just haven't caught on.
Crazy thing is they claim to be all about short stems and spec them for the Inbred even.

·
Is dang happy!
1,380 Posts
? Reach is measured differently from each manufacture ya know.
The effective TT on the Large is 630mm (24" 3/4) that is about a cm longer than my large Yelli.
The medium is 24", the same as a Kona Honzo.
Pester Brant for a extra large or pay the big boy penalty and get a Kona/Canfield.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Wow - 275 for the frame + shipping to USA? Sizing issues aside, that looks like a good deal.
Yeah I think when I bought my Inbred frame in Dec 2010 it was like $250 with shipping from England.... So this would keep with their pricing structure. Really you can't go wrong with their bikes and I wish they would have had a better deal on the Codeine 29r when I bought my HH Thumper frame. Oh well.....

I run a 70mm stem on my 19.5" (large) Inbred and love the setup for the bike. I am assuming that this would ride slightly smaller as it seems to be a more AM oriented bike that would benefit from a slightly smaller cockpit that would allow the rider to tune how far they want the bars out when hucking something.

The above with what TwoNin9r stated about the national average of the riders possibly being smaller would translate into a frame/bike that runs a bit smaller than we are used to (think Scott does the same thing too

1 - 20 of 94 Posts