Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

661 - 677 of 677 Posts

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
Any one else running the lurcher with the single speed drop,out having issues with chain tension? My rear wheel has a 135x12mm hub and I tried using 2 different types of reducer axles and no matter how tight I try to tighten the nuts, seems like chain looses tension after a couple rides. I finally gave up and bought some chain tugs and installed on both drop outs and seems like the wheel,is still slipping., how is that even possible? The tugs should prevent the wheel from sliding forward right? Anyways, just curious if anyone has the same issue. Wondering if getting new drop outs might help
Not on a Lurcher, but with another horizontal dropout bike I found that if my chain tension was too high the wheel would get tweaked to the NDS of the bike by moving the NDS axle back a touch. This reduced chain tension and is not controlled by a chain tug.

All I had to do to resolve the problem was to run the chain with a little more slack in it. That is better for the drivetrain and your bearings anyways.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Lurcher frame and fork set up as single speed and love it.
Has anyone tried fitting a 29+ tire up front with the carbon fork?

·
LDC is ded,deth by trollz
2,147 Posts
I am 6' with a 32 inseam. I bought a large. I always felt it was a little big. Since I was getting tired of swapping it back and forth between single and geared I bought another one. This time I bought a medium. I think the medium fits a little better but with stem lengths I hardly notice a difference. I set up the medium as the single and the large as the geared. Now I just ride which ever one I am mood for and I don't really think about the size.
I came in here to read up to see if I need a L or XL so I can buy your L!!! Good to see this cause I'm 6'2 and have the 19 scandal and was thinking a 21 lurcher. I'll be in touch on your L soon if it's still around. I'm the guy who asked if you would SS the large on PB.

Did you ever try a 29+ in rear?

Has anybody tried that? I was told it fits 3.0. Any truth? I tried searching.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I came in here to read up to see if I need a L or XL so I can buy your L!!! Good to see this cause I'm 6'2 and have the 19 scandal and was thinking a 21 lurcher. I'll be in touch on your L soon if it's still around. I'm the guy who asked if you would SS the large on PB.

Did you ever try a 29+ in rear?

Has anybody tried that? I was told it fits 3.0. Any truth? I tried searching.

I haven't tried a 29+ in the rear. I would doubt it would fit. Maybe there are others that have tried and can chime in but I put a 2.4 ralph on the back and that was close.

Of course with the carbon front allows more options but I think the rear would be sketchy.

Each bike is still available.

Paid

I will PM you some details if you are interested.

·
LDC is ded,deth by trollz
2,147 Posts
Hey I bought the one from Grant.

It's a large. What are these building up to rigid SS

Xo crank
King arch wheels
Rdo fork
Xt brakes
Carbon cockpit

Rough estimate? SS.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Lurcher frame and fork set up as single speed and love it.
Has anyone tried fitting a 29+ tire up front with the carbon fork?
IMG_1237.jpg IMG_1230.jpg

I'll answer my own question, Yes! a Chupracabra fits the carbon Lurcher fork with no rubbing issues. And in the rear is a 2.6 Nobby Nic.
The verdict is still out on the handling of the 29x3 up front, but I'll give it some more ride time to decide on it or back to the 2.6 Nobby Nic, which is an awesome tire,btw.

·
dtheo
221 Posts
yes.
changes in handling depend on air pressure
3.0 doesn't work in the back.

View attachment 1205740 View attachment 1205741

I'll answer my own question, Yes! a Chupracabra fits the carbon Lurcher fork with no rubbing issues. And in the rear is a 2.6 Nobby Nic.
The verdict is still out on the handling of the 29x3 up front, but I'll give it some more ride time to decide on it or back to the 2.6 Nobby Nic, which is an awesome tire,btw.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Building up an on one lurcher for my son. Having trouble mounting xtr rear brake to the vertical dropout. What adapter mount have others used. Thank you in advance!!

661 - 677 of 677 Posts